SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#359728 - 01/28/13 05:29 AM Re: Roland BK-3 Backing Keyboard Demo at NAMM 2013 [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Wherever I perform I play for "DANCING" every song that's MY bag always no matter what genre I'm into at the time, from Ballroom to R&R, Disco, Latin, Salsa, Polka, Ballads, etc,......500pp or NH, Restaurant, Club, or anywhere I gig doesn't matter to me....
Great Vocals coupled with a good strong FULL Band backing,
People are People.

#359731 - 01/28/13 05:41 AM Re: Roland BK-3 Backing Keyboard Demo at NAMM 2013 [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Diki,

Most of us perform very few, if any, big band standards. Most everything is late 50s to early 80s. These are the songs they enjoy and danced to. And, if you look at the age makeup many of the residents in the nursing homes, assisted living centers and retirement communities are in their mid 70s to late 80s, and some younger. Take a good look in the mirror my friend - you're not that much younger than the younger retirement community residents - at least physically. wink

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#359759 - 01/28/13 02:28 PM Re: Roland BK-3 Backing Keyboard Demo at NAMM 2013 [Re: Dnj]
zuki Offline

I got out of the nursing home business 'cause some of the inmates starting looking good smile

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Nord 6D73/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/ATEM Mini Pro switcher/K&M stand

#359761 - 01/28/13 03:02 PM Re: Roland BK-3 Backing Keyboard Demo at NAMM 2013 [Re: zuki]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: zuki
I got out of the nursing home business 'cause some of the inmates starting looking good smile

Hmmmmmmm........Diaper Envy ? rolleyes

#359773 - 01/28/13 09:52 PM Re: Roland BK-3 Backing Keyboard Demo at NAMM 2013 [Re: travlin'easy]
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
if you look at the age makeup many of the residents in the nursing homes, assisted living centers and retirement communities are in their mid 70s to late 80s, and some younger.

That still makes me 20 years younger than most of them. Just a hair too much for me, I fear. I definitely feel playing for the elderly is a calling. Just as you shouldn't play to youngsters you have nothing in common with (who may be only 30 years or so younger than you) and music of theirs you don't really relate to, playing to your elders if you don't feel a bond is not in their or your best interest. Money doesn't cure everything, at least for me!

#359777 - 01/29/13 12:12 AM Re: Roland BK-3 Backing Keyboard Demo at NAMM 2013 [Re: Diki]
SpclEd Offline

Loc: South Central USA
Being a newbie you can discount my 2 cents & observations but please, no lower than MAP, I don't want to lose my franchise rotfl.

Wasn't this about a "questionable" demo?

IMO the guy doing the demo is/was a "Feature Preacher". "I can push this, that, more of this , and more of that, touch this, touch that (maybe you shouldn't touch this or that right now grin)'. SO WHAT, how does any of that benefit a BK-3 performer? To me that is where the demo was off track.

Re: NH, Residential Communities. It is a calling and if you get it you get it. We are fortunate enough to be able to do what we like at this time in our lives and I believe that's a good thing.

Just my babbling a little, now I can get a beer and go to bed drink

Edited by SpclEd (01/29/13 12:15 AM)

#359781 - 01/29/13 02:02 AM Re: Roland BK-3 Backing Keyboard Demo at NAMM 2013 [Re: SpclEd]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Originally Posted By: SpclEd
Being a newbie you can discount my 2 cents & observations but please, no lower than MAP, I don't want to lose my franchise rotfl.

Wasn't this about a "questionable" demo?

IMO the guy doing the demo is/was a "Feature Preacher". "I can push this, that, more of this , and more of that, touch this, touch that (maybe you shouldn't touch this or that right now grin)'. SO WHAT, how does any of that benefit a BK-3 performer? To me that is where the demo was off track.

Re: NH, Residential Communities. It is a calling and if you get it you get it. We are fortunate enough to be able to do what we like at this time [url=inhttp://www.lyricsondemand.com/miscellaneouslyrics/nationalanthemslyrics/usanationalanthemlyrics.html][url=inhttp://www.lyricsondemand.com/miscellaneouslyrics/nationalanthemslyrics/usanationalanthemlyrics.html][url=inhttp://www.lyricsondemand.com/miscellaneouslyrics/nationalanthemslyrics/usanationalanthemlyrics.html]inhttp://www.lyricsondemand.com/miscellaneouslyrics/nationalanthemslyrics/usanationalanthemlyrics.html[/url][/url][/url] our lives and I believe that's a good thing.

Just my babbling a little, now I can get a beer and go to bed drink

That was exactly my point. The Demonstrator did not actually demonstrate instrument to its best light or demonstrate how useful the iPad would actually be to a musician. However if all you want to do is pushbuttons ,that was a great demonstration!

#359789 - 01/29/13 05:51 AM Re: Roland BK-3 Backing Keyboard Demo at NAMM 2013 [Re: spalding1968]
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
Strange.... I understood EXACTLY what it could do from that demo..!

Then I read the manual to find out what it COULDN'T do!

#359794 - 01/29/13 09:18 AM Re: Roland BK-3 Backing Keyboard Demo at NAMM 2013 [Re: Diki]
SpclEd Offline

Loc: South Central USA
As soon as you can do it, the instructions finally make sence juggle!

#359806 - 01/29/13 12:49 PM Re: Roland BK-3 Backing Keyboard Demo at NAMM 2013 [Re: Dnj]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
That's right Diki.You got it so you were the one person that that demo was geared towards. so when is yours goong to be delivered then ?It's good to know that Roland know who their customers are ha ha! Unfortunately you're the one customer that is the most unlikely to buy that keyboard because you know exactly what it shortcomings are ! Another great example of Roland's splendid marketing model !

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online