SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#364390 - 04/04/13 06:28 PM I had to get away from Facebook!
analogcontrolfreak Offline

Did you ever have a day when you look at Facebook and go OMG! ? I was scanning through Facebook and going I can't take it anymore! I have too many friends posting too much crap. Too much politics, religion etc... I am guilty of posting useless stuff myself. What has happened? When I first joined back in 2008, it was just me, and three friends. Then it just exploded! Now I have 184 fiends, and I don't see half of them outside of Facebook, and a third are just acquaintance's I either know on Facebook, or though a friend. I have not deleted my account, just logged off for awhile. I need Facebook break. It's going to be hard, not to go onto Facebook every time I am on the computer, but I am going to do my best!

Anyway I will get off my soap box for now!

PEACE!

Paul

#364391 - 04/04/13 09:24 PM Re: I had to get away from Facebook! [Re: analogcontrolfreak]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
I know exactly what you mean. I have a Facebook account but I probably only login once a month. And most postings have already moved off onto pages I will never bother looking at. I wish Facebook didn't put the entire postings up. I'd prefer to just see a single line topic link that I could click on if I wanted. Then all the postings would fit on one page and I would know which ones I would want to look at.

#364517 - 04/06/13 04:04 PM Re: I had to get away from Facebook! [Re: analogcontrolfreak]

I agree! At lest, I was able to filter most of my friends posts, by hiding them from my news feed. I have to slow up a bit, it's too addicting!

#364534 - 04/06/13 10:43 PM Re: I had to get away from Facebook! [Re: analogcontrolfreak]
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
Never were truer words said. Facebook was intended to be a means of communicating between friends but it has becomes an animal where some people use it to just have a rant mainly about other people by being able to moan remotely and not face their quarry. When I first joined I was on there all the time it was great fun swapping funny stories with friends you don't see very often but now I hardly look because I feel it has lost it's way and has become a world advert for a lot of crap that I did not ask to look at. Has Twitter now become an alternative?

#364536 - 04/07/13 01:14 AM Re: I had to get away from Facebook! [Re: analogcontrolfreak]

I don't do Twitter!

#364537 - 04/07/13 01:24 AM Re: I had to get away from Facebook! [Re: analogcontrolfreak]

Politics and Religion I don't discuss with anyone. Causes too many riffs. Unless they share my views! (No politics or religious discussions please!) As for the Great Pumpkin? Well ask Linus Van Pelt!!

Music, recordings, people's interests etc... I don't have a problem. Just no ranting. Thank Goodness for the hide form News feed feature. I still have my account, and still stop by, but I am not staying logged in as much.

There are way too many ad's.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online