SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#375466 - 11/16/13 06:55 PM Re: TYROS 5 Is The EXCITEMENT OVER ALREADY? [Re: Dnj]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
The sad thing is, on a forum SUPPOSED to be for the discussion of arrangers, for the comparison of them, and for general arranger related conversation, the idea that ANYTHING less than glowing, fawning, gushing approval is 'bashing'.

I can't tell you how many times I have tried to point out that these things are TOOLS for making music. Music actually is the IMPORTANT part, the tool far less. If you are so invested in your purchase that legitimate criticism sends you into apoplexy, then yes, I suppose you OUGHT to spend all your time in one of the manufacturer specific sites.

And there are legitimate criticisms of absolutely ALL of them... Every single arranger made has weak points, often addressed by features on another brand of arranger. If the thought of this is enough to drive you into a bubble of denial, if it is enough for you to go into attack mode, if you can't discuss in a rational tone things that, deep in your heart of hearts, you'd REALLY like on your current arranger (and will welcome them with open arms should your favorite brand actually add it!) but can't bring yourself to talk about sensibly, then no, this ISN'T the place for you.

There are many sites you can spend your time on where you can pretend that other brands don't even EXIST, and where there is nothing on another brand of arranger you'd really like. But if you choose to make this place your regular stop for arranger discussion, perhaps you had better start to open your mind, and stop being so damned defensive...

If it all wasn't so sad, it would be funny...

Actually, it IS hilarious.

#375469 - 11/16/13 07:12 PM Re: TYROS 5 Is The EXCITEMENT OVER ALREADY? [Re: Diki]
DMAC Offline

Loc: Nova Scotia, Canada

Blah, Blah, Blah
Blah, Blah,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Originally Posted By: Diki
The sad thing is, on a forum SUPPOSED to be for the discussion of arrangers, for the comparison of them, and for general arranger related conversation, the idea that ANYTHING less than glowing, fawning, gushing approval is 'bashing'.

I can't tell you how many times I have tried to point out that these things are TOOLS for making music. Music actually is the IMPORTANT part, the tool far less. If you are so invested in your purchase that legitimate criticism sends you into apoplexy, then yes, I suppose you OUGHT to spend all your time in one of the manufacturer specific sites.

And there are legitimate criticisms of absolutely ALL of them... Every single arranger made has weak points, often addressed by features on another brand of arranger. If the thought of this is enough to drive you into a bubble of denial, if it is enough for you to go into attack mode, if you can't discuss in a rational tone things that, deep in your heart of hearts, you'd REALLY like on your current arranger (and will welcome them with open arms should your favorite brand actually add it!) but can't bring yourself to talk about sensibly, then no, this ISN'T the place for you.

There are many sites you can spend your time on where you can pretend that other brands don't even EXIST, and where there is nothing on another brand of arranger you'd really like. But if you choose to make this place your regular stop for arranger discussion, perhaps you had better start to open your mind, and stop being so damned defensive...

#375476 - 11/16/13 07:42 PM Re: TYROS 5 Is The EXCITEMENT OVER ALREADY? [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
smile

#375491 - 11/16/13 08:52 PM Re: TYROS 5 Is The EXCITEMENT OVER ALREADY? [Re: Dnj]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Synthzone... Intelligent members, check your brains at the door.

Now, where's that middle finger emoticon, so I can join in in this 'debate'?

#375501 - 11/16/13 11:24 PM Re: TYROS 5 Is The EXCITEMENT OVER ALREADY? [Re: Dnj]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Why not move all this Yamaha stuff into Yamaha part of SZ, or simply put what's in SZ Yamaha here at Gen Arr. and rename it to Yamaha Defenders Zone? sofa
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#375502 - 11/16/13 11:39 PM Re: TYROS 5 Is The EXCITEMENT OVER ALREADY? [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
Tony Hughes Offline

Nah Jonny,

That wouldn't keep Diki from kicking the door in, but it would be nice to have a Yamaha SZ only password that only the chosen few could enter, never happen its called freedom of speech, some very nice new voices on the T5, if you want to make real nice music the T range is perhaps the best, lets face it, it out sells everything in its path and I think always will, the T4 to T5 swap out will be in gear now, I might dip my toe in the water after I have finished my new driveway. Got to stop now can't have post as long as Diki's, no use me commenting on any of Diki posts I never get past half, same with my Doris when she starts banging on.

#375503 - 11/16/13 11:41 PM Re: TYROS 5 Is The EXCITEMENT OVER ALREADY? [Re: DMAC]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: DMAC

Blah, Blah, Blah
Blah, Blah,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Originally Posted By: Diki

Well spotted DMAC and your are only a Junior Member
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#375506 - 11/17/13 12:15 AM Re: TYROS 5 Is The EXCITEMENT OVER ALREADY? [Re: Tony Hughes]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Nah Jonny,

That wouldn't keep Diki from kicking the door in ...

Why should it?
I was not thinking of any person or member, but since the majority of topics here are about Yamaha..... crazy

Regarding Diki, if people here read what he write without jump stright into the "Yammie Defence Club" all the time, it probably will end up in a far better debate.
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#375511 - 11/17/13 01:02 AM Re: TYROS 5 Is The EXCITEMENT OVER ALREADY? [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
Tony Hughes Offline

Do you really thinks so Jonny, I think we should all give it a try then, still can't promise I will ever read any of his posts to the very end I would rather listen to our Doris if the truth is known, can't say I would learn anything off Diki I don't already know, sad to say, maybe others can.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#375516 - 11/17/13 01:44 AM Re: TYROS 5 Is The EXCITEMENT OVER ALREADY? [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online