SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#380641 - 01/05/14 11:56 AM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: ]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: rosetree
No need to ask Bose, I own the Sounddock 10 and have used it for gigs already. It rocked a Christmas event of 60 people last year, the bass made the floor vibrate.

I dont doubt it , BUT, This would definitely have to be heard in person using my KB and vocals, for me to ever consider it on a gig of any kind.... confused1

#380644 - 01/05/14 12:00 PM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Donny, that auxiliary input is a 1/8-inch stereo jack that's next to the RCA video jack. So, it's stereo.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#380646 - 01/05/14 12:04 PM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Donny, that auxiliary input is a 1/8-inch stereo jack that's next to the RCA video jack. So, it's stereo.

Gary cool

ok so L/R Y plug adapter to 1/8" stereo.....which in that small size sound dock 10 etc..ain't gonna matter rolleyes
but how does it sound overall.... ??? personally I think it would break up under pressure....as did my compact, and Roland BA330 many times....hence selling them quick.. shocked

#380648 - 01/05/14 12:08 PM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
travlin'easy Offline

I think you may be asking it to do more than it was intended to do. I can make ANY sound system break up (distort) by overdriving it, Bose, conventional, or any combination thereof. You said you wanted something for living room or family room parties, this may be the answer. Don't know until you try. Keep in mind that Bose is one of the only companies that provides you with that money back trial period - so there's really no risk involved, unless you decide you like what you hear and keep it.

Gary cool

#380649 - 01/05/14 12:08 PM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: Dnj]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Dnj

I dont doubt it , BUT, This would definitely have to be heard in person using my KB and vocals, for me to ever consider it on a gig of any kind.... confused1

Of course it should be tested before buying. Two L1 Compacts will definitely be much more adequate for a medium event than a Sounddock 10, but if you want to have something even more compact, it's not at all to be underrated - as aren't the FBT Jolly 5 BA either.

#380651 - 01/05/14 12:11 PM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: ]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: rosetree

Of course it should be tested before buying. Two L1 Compacts will definitely be much more adequate for a medium event than a Sounddock 10, but if you want to have something even more compact, it's not at all to be underrated - as aren't the FBT Jolly 5 BA either.

Within this discussion all my dislikes of my old Bose L1's, Compacts dismay is all coming back, MONO, NO MIDRANGE, HAVE TO USE TWO UNITS FOR STEREO, ALL THAT LUGGING PIECES, POLES extensions, AND CASES yuk!....so I have slapped myself in the face and I'm over it......My Powered YAMAHA DXR12's will handle any of my gigs small or big with NO problem at all.....dammmm what was I thinking? confused2

Edited by Dnj (01/05/14 12:13 PM)

#380654 - 01/05/14 12:22 PM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
travlin'easy Offline

Geeze, and I thought you just hit the scratch-off for $600 and wanted to spend it before you had to claim it as winnings on your income tax. wink

Gary cool

#380690 - 01/05/14 06:38 PM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
my dislikes of my old Bose - MONO, NO MIDRANGE, HAVE TO USE TWO UNITS FOR STEREO, ALL THAT LUGGING PIECES, POLES extensions, AND CASES

OMG - you missed all the best points.
** Most people say they are ALL midrange ... don't know where THAT came from, but I can EQ the system to be as good as anything out there
** Designed to not need 2 - stereo is not better with the line array
** lugging? Are you serious? The setup time and ease of operation is twice as efficient as a conventional system that requires cables, stands, cases etc .... the Bose is WAY easier than any of its competition to set up and carry.

You're just bored. And you DON'T want another Compact - at any price - get over it.
smile

#380691 - 01/05/14 07:09 PM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
travlin'easy Offline

Ditto! smile

Gary cool

#380692 - 01/05/14 07:17 PM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

I rest my case........enjoy your Bose... I can respect that.....
but will never use them again for My needs.

enjoy.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online