SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#380699 - 01/05/14 09:14 PM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Songman55 Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD USA
I'm still a Bose convert. Like Gary, that clear, crisp sound is what I've been looking for all my life. For very small gigs I use the on board speakers alone. For slightly larger venues, I use the Bose without the tower extensions. For larger jobs, I use the tower, and for very large jobs, I have a second Compact that I use. This covers all my needs.

Joe
keys

#380710 - 01/06/14 07:43 AM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
rosetree
Unregistered

I am totally Bose addicted, except I haven't got an L1 compact yet, but only smaller devices which I divert from their intended use: the Sounddock 10 for medium venues, the Sounddock portable plus Companion 20 for small-to-medium venues or small churches and the Sounddock portable alone for quick registry-office weddings (only for piano sound), where it's important to assemble and dissassemble my equipment in less than 5(!) minutes.

#380714 - 01/06/14 08:03 AM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: Dnj]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj
I rest my case........enjoy your Bose... I can respect that.....
but will never use them again for My needs.

enjoy.

I've never considered Bose because of the price and I just don't believe an 8" woofer in the Compact can cover a party. Maybe two but then we're back to price. I think the Kiss method is best . I have this system for my studio and small gigs. The mixer and cables fit into a gym bag, weight next to nothing and I can use one or two speakers (stereo !!! ) plus have the option of bringing one of my very small Peavey mic stand monitors to put the sound right in my face. Surprizingly powerful system and good bass for the dance stuff.
BTW I know I was kicking around the idea of the Yamaha DXR10's but I really like having my mixer near me so either having just a mixer to powered speakers or a powered mixer is a toss up. The powered mixer requires less cables.
Donny, if you ever want to spend a nice day in Cape May your welcome to stop by and demo it.
Made in the USA and very affordable. I also have the discontinued LM12 speakers (no longer available with the NEO magnets ) with a Yamaha 512 mixer I have used extensively and they are still amazing. Just found a used LM153 speaker for my organ/bass stuff.

http://www.carvinguitars.com/products/XP800L-PM10

Edited by Bill Lewis (01/06/14 08:10 AM)

#380718 - 01/06/14 08:24 AM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Hey Bill, you are just over an hour's drive time from my part of the world. C'mon down. You're welcome anytime and you can try out the Bose L1 Compact and get some hands on experience.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#380719 - 01/06/14 08:33 AM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: travlin'easy]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
No Bose for me.... EVER.In fact, I play opposite a guy occasionally and WILL NOT use his system, even though it is already hooked up and ready to go. Sounds AWFUL to me. He LOVES IT!

As someone said: Different strokes!.

Russ

#380720 - 01/06/14 08:56 AM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: Dnj]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
I use QSC K 8 for small venues. DXR 12 for large. And DSR subs even larger or outdoor events. I am looking to get a pair of QSC K10 to replace my K 8 and use them for small events and use k 8 for monitor. K series the best for what we do sterio and sound great under 20lbs 1000wt what more can you ask for. I put them on little amp stands and set up in 10 seconds .

Ron

#380722 - 01/06/14 09:07 AM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: musicforyourday]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: musicforyourday
I use QSC K 8 for small venues. DXR 12 for large. And DSR subs even larger or outdoor events. I am looking to get a pair of QSC K10 to replace my K 8 and use them for small events and use k 8 for monitor. K series the best for what we do sterio and sound great under 20lbs 1000wt what more can you ask for. I put them on little amp stands and set up in 10 seconds .

Ron

Ron I hear you...The DXr12's are amazing ...I was thinking of getting the added DSR subs also headphone ...
that would sound AMAZING at my big jobs!! dance

#380724 - 01/06/14 09:08 AM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: Bill Lewis]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Bill Lewis
Originally Posted By: Dnj
I rest my case........enjoy your Bose... I can respect that.....
but will never use them again for My needs.

enjoy.

I've never considered Bose because of the price and I just don't believe an 8" woofer in the Compact can cover a party. Maybe two but then we're back to price. I think the Kiss method is best . I have this system for my studio and small gigs. The mixer and cables fit into a gym bag, weight next to nothing and I can use one or two speakers (stereo !!! ) plus have the option of bringing one of my very small Peavey mic stand monitors to put the sound right in my face. Surprizingly powerful system and good bass for the dance stuff.
BTW I know I was kicking around the idea of the Yamaha DXR10's but I really like having my mixer near me so either having just a mixer to powered speakers or a powered mixer is a toss up. The powered mixer requires less cables.
Donny, if you ever want to spend a nice day in Cape May your welcome to stop by and demo it.
Made in the USA and very affordable. I also have the discontinued LM12 speakers (no longer available with the NEO magnets ) with a Yamaha 512 mixer I have used extensively and they are still amazing. Just found a used LM153 speaker for my organ/bass stuff.

http://www.carvinguitars.com/products/XP800L-PM10

Thanx for the invite and Kiss review Bill....but only Powered speakers for me cool2 .....I control everything from my Yamaha MG102cx Mixer keys

Edited by Dnj (01/06/14 09:09 AM)

#380726 - 01/06/14 09:23 AM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: Dnj]
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
Top this for portability and quick set up. I’m working solo with a S950 (internal speakers), with a pair of Behringer MS 16 powered monitor speakers to fill out the sound. Works great for dining music----all instrumental.

#380728 - 01/06/14 10:27 AM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: J. Larry]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: J. Larry
Top this for portability and quick set up. I’m working solo with a S950 (internal speakers), with a pair of Behringer MS 16 powered monitor speakers to fill out the sound. Works great for dining music----all instrumental.

If you're happy with the Behringer MS16, it's ok. But they weigh more than a Bose Sounddock II/portable and only have 2x8 Watt. So I'm sure the small Sounddock tops it for portability and quick set up, but unfortunately also regarding the price.

Edited by rosetree (01/06/14 10:55 AM)

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online