SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#39574 - 11/07/03 12:42 PM Re: LIfe without electricity before Technics Keyboards
Chuck Piper Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi Bebop,

Ah yes! Ma Perkins. That name brings back beautiful memories. Our next door neighbors were from Europe - the husband from Germany, the wife and wife's mother from Denmark. Their only child, Robert, was a playmate in those days. He and I would build roads, bridges, and tunnels in my mom's flowerbeds and play cars. In the afternoon, Grandma Keim, Robert's grandmother, would call us into the kitchen for a big glass of cold milk and epelskeivers - a Danish pastry. Yummy yummy! And what was playing on the radio? Ma Perkins of course.

By the way, if anyone is interested in having cassettes (maybe CD's are available now?) of the old radio shows, here is the address of where I obtained mine probably 10 years ago perhaps? Don't even know if they are still in business.

Radio Spirits Inc.
P.O. Box 2141
Schiller Park, Illinois 60176
1-800-729-4587

That's it from me for the moment. I'm off to listen to Edgar Bergen and Charlie McCarthy. I need a good laugh.

Chuck

#39575 - 11/08/03 06:38 AM Re: LIfe without electricity before Technics Keyboards
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was born in Merchantville, New Jersey and spent most of my early years in southern New Jersey before starting a career (23yrs) in the Air Force.

We had an old piano and mother wanted me to take lessons. I took about three but found that practicing scales was not as much fun as chasing girls. Wish today I had learned those scales and the proper fingering.

It appears that the interest in music starts at an early age and is inspired by many different things, including crystal sets Sure enjoy reading these posts from members of my musical family.

Fran in Florida

#39576 - 11/11/03 05:00 AM Re: LIfe without electricity before Technics Keyboards
shcox Offline

Loc: Leesburg, FL USA
Hi All,

I too had a crystal set in the early 50's. But I didn't have it long because I found that by plugging the antenna wire into the electric plug I got such great reception I figured I'd plug in the ground wire as well. Boy did that thing smell bad as it fried.

LOL
Heather

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online