SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#397269 - 12/19/14 11:01 AM Origins of Christmas. Opinions...
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
Hi all.

I would really like for everyone's opinion on this subject. Especially I would like to know what true believers think about something like. Does it bother you. Does it change anything. Did you even know about something like this.
Like I said everyone is welcomed to give an opinion as long as we stay civil and Nigel does not need to intervene, again eek.

This video was done by Christians, so it is not atheist point of view.

I am not trying to provoke here, all I want honest opinions from different individuals.

There are a lots of videos on this subject.I chose this one.I already posted it on my other thread.

Maybe like this it is better.

I am a curious person, I know sometimes it is better not to know, but I always choose to learn more.

Here it is:

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#397313 - 12/21/14 03:25 PM Re: Origins of Christmas. Opinions... [Re: mirza]
rosetree
Unregistered

Thanks for the link. Quite interesting video. I knew that some Christmas elements originate from pagan sources, but some things were new to me.
It shows that we are all influenced by several "layers" of historic and religious traditions.
Fitting to this topic, today I read somewhere that the Pope allowed a Christmas tree to be installed in the Vatican in 1982 for the first time!

#397323 - 12/22/14 05:29 AM Re: Origins of Christmas. Opinions... [Re: ]
mirza Offline

Thanks Rosetree.

Most of my close friends are Christians(Catholic and Orthodox) or Muslim. And usually when I ask about something like this no one knows.
I chose this video because it was done by Christians , but there are many on the net.

I know it's a touchy subject, but how many people really know about their holidays or religion? And what it actually represents.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#397325 - 12/22/14 06:24 AM Re: Origins of Christmas. Opinions... [Re: mirza]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Presenting historical fact in a non-malicious way should never be a touchy subject. Just educational. JMO.

chas

#397326 - 12/22/14 06:49 AM Re: Origins of Christmas. Opinions... [Re: cgiles]
mirza Offline

My oldest one ( Mina 9) usually asks me questions about religion.I guess she takes after me..hehe.. Or because we are not Christians can she still believe in Santa told her Santa actually has nothing to do with Christmas.I don't even teach my kids that there are monsters in this world. Why scare them at this age? Life is scary enough.

Back to the subject.
Chas I agree with you. I do think people should do more research about stuff like religion and holidays and what it actually mean. And I do like holidays.
I am playing Christmas Eve, New Years Eve, and again Christmas Eve (Jan.7 BTW which is original Christmas) and than again Jan.14 Yew Years Eve ...hehehe. ..And I don't even consider my self as a musician anymore...hehe.
One thing for sure.It is prosperous to be around religion. ..hehehe

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online