SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#397842 - 01/06/15 04:29 PM NAMM Winter 2015 Leaks........
Dnj Offline

Anyone have any? coffee

#397845 - 01/06/15 06:07 PM Re: NAMM Winter 2015 Leaks........ [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Edited by Dnj (01/06/15 06:08 PM)

#397849 - 01/06/15 10:24 PM Re: NAMM Winter 2015 Leaks........ [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

There will be a new Nord keyboard
There might be a PA4x, unless its anounced at music messe
Lots of analogue and VA synths
A new spectrasonics VST

A Motif and a Fantom replacement are long overdue..

Yamaha might also release their new clavinova range, with for the first time a clavinova that outperforms the current Tyros modell

http://keyszone.boards.net

#397852 - 01/07/15 06:08 AM Re: NAMM Winter 2015 Leaks........ [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Bachus
There will be a new Nord keyboard
There might be a PA4x, unless its anounced at music messe
Lots of analogue and VA synths
A new spectrasonics VST

A Motif and a Fantom replacement are long overdue..

Yamaha might also release their new clavinova range, with for the first time a clavinova that outperforms the current Tyros modell

so in other words to our knowledge so far today no new
Arranger KB's........could low sales be the reason or
new technology changing from the traditional to something completely new or a hybrid of new & old? or PC/VST/WS/AR mixed... confused1

#397858 - 01/07/15 07:22 AM Re: NAMM Winter 2015 Leaks........ [Re: Dnj]
rosetree
Unregistered

The new Nord will be the Nord Stage 3, according to an out-of-focus 'appetizer' video. It obviously has a well-sized display, which is unusual for Nord.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNnEH5KczpY
A rather credible website, which correctly predicted that this model would be revealed in December, says it will cost 4,000$!

Regarding a Roland Fantom successor, I am pessimistic. I think it was Roland's intention to address the less risky low-/mid-priced market with the FA-06/08, and they are economically in a position too unsettled to invest in a high-end workstation. I hope it will change again one day. It would also be very nice if the released a BK-7m successor and didn't completely forget the BK-9, but no sign of that...

Edited by rosetree (01/07/15 07:24 AM)

#397859 - 01/07/15 07:58 AM Re: NAMM Winter 2015 Leaks........ [Re: Dnj]
124 Offline

I've never 'enjoyed'? gear lust. An i30 and a Pa1xPro have seen me through the past 15 years quite nicely, so I'm not too fussed about what's coming down the pipe.

If, and it would seem likely, a new Pa4x, or whatever it might be called, appears, then I might be tempted. Workhorse that my 1x is, it won't last forever. Neither will I, come to that. smile

#397860 - 01/07/15 08:08 AM Re: NAMM Winter 2015 Leaks........ [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I'm seriously considering one of these new pianos by Waldorf. Nice flat top (for the Tyros4), with 76 keys (that go down to low E) and from the on-line demos I have heard so far, a super instrument, although probably a little pricey.

Then again, in some cases, you actually do get what you pay for.

http://www.waldorf-music.info/zarenbourg

As far as Arranger Keyboards go, anything new is just not on my radar as the Tyros4 is more than enough for my arranger needs...the Tyros5 wasn't enough of an upgrade, and after using the T4 for some time now, it would be difficult to go back to the much lighter and shallower actioned, non-aftertouch, PSR keybed.

I suspect Yamaha will be replacing it's long-in-the-tooth Motif line very soon, and I figure the S950 replacement won't be out until the fall or later.

Ian

#397866 - 01/07/15 08:52 AM Re: NAMM Winter 2015 Leaks........ [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

OK so now no one knows absolutely anything about a NEW Arranger as of today,...we'll just have to wait, be excited, or disappointed in what offerings WINTER NAMM 2015 will bring to the table regarding Arrangers,......
pretty much you gotta enjoy what your have now which necessarily isn't a bad thing,...just sayin'........

carry on

#397868 - 01/07/15 09:08 AM Re: NAMM Winter 2015 Leaks........ [Re: ]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: rosetree
The new Nord will be the Nord Stage 3, according to an out-of-focus 'appetizer' video. It obviously has a well-sized display, which is unusual for Nord.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNnEH5KczpY
A rather credible website, which correctly predicted that this model would be revealed in December, says it will cost 4,000$!

Regarding a Roland Fantom successor, I am pessimistic. I think it was Roland's intention to address the less risky low-/mid-priced market with the FA-06/08, and they are economically in a position too unsettled to invest in a high-end workstation. I hope it will change again one day. It would also be very nice if the released a BK-7m successor and didn't completely forget the BK-9, but no sign of that...

Actually Roland does not need to make a huge investment to make a credible top of the line workstation... We all know that what makes todays Synths and workstations running is called software...

And they got all the software parts to create something sensational ... Based on cheep modern day Intel hardware... Imagine they add, the software of the V-synth, JP80, Fa, Integra7, V-drum, V- piano, and their great organ sounds intoo a single instrument, some feautures if their aria range and maybe even add style support, and offcourse a lot of real time controllers and a great keybed, and fullMDaw integration comparable to the NI komplete

Which means nothing new, just adding the things they allready have and integrating them in a single workstation.... Which keeps development costs fairly low... While hardware costs might even be lower by using COTS parts...

It would blow everything we have seen so far away, including Tyros, Audya and Kronos... And if they make it a modular expandable system, they can keep selling new software expansions for years, and maybe even sell hardware upgrades...

Edited by Bachus (01/07/15 09:09 AM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#397880 - 01/07/15 01:51 PM Re: NAMM Winter 2015 Leaks........ [Re: Dnj]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
For the price they charge for Clavinova's...they should have at least the T5 capability/sounds etc. They should not be 1 or 2 levels behind T5.

I hate the way Yamaha holds back technology, so they can just get you a year or 2 later.!

Those are nice but WAY over priced.
Cabinets & 88 note keybeds do not cost all that much to make.
Lee

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online