Originally Posted By: mirza
Mark, what it that you don't like about Korg styles??

Mirza.....not really sure how to say it other than.....many of them are just dead.....no life, no excitement, no drive, no passion in them. On top of that quite a few of them don't sound like they're supposed to. Example: worst cha-cha I've ever had to work with.....and I've heard better rhumba's out of my car's exhaust pipe.......and many others, especially the Latin and ethnic rhythms.

Then in a lot of the styles, the 4 variations consist of adding just one instrument on top of the previous variation. Can't tell the difference between the 4 variations.

The Mazurka is so limp I'm afraid it will break apart if I use it too much.

The pre-set tempo is way off on some of them and the instrumentation (when you use a "registration") is not appropriate which makes me realize they just belted out these rhythms on an assembly line.

PLEASE NOTE: I'm NOT saying they're bad.......they're just bad for ME! I've been using rhythm machines since the very first (Maestro) one showed up on the market maybe 50 years ago. Been through and heard a lot of rhythms in my lifetime! They just don't make them like they used to. Complete lack of creativity nowadays (except for those Yamaha S950 sounds I heard).

Mark