SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#39904 - 11/12/02 08:56 PM Re: Problem With SD Writer
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
That's a good point, Walt.

Another thought came to mind. If the little write protect switch on the side of the card is in the "lock" position you will be unable to write to the card. Is it possible that the switch has been accidently moved to the locked position?

#39905 - 11/13/02 02:18 AM Re: Problem With SD Writer
technicsplayer Offline

Well Bob, maybe its time for an SD tutorial then, to explain the way it should be done. But then you will have been doing it that way all along again, but strangely never mentioning it before my posts, always after...

#39906 - 11/13/02 05:59 AM Re: Problem With SD Writer
Anonymous
Unregistered

Marilyn,

I have the Scan Disk SDDR 73 Reader/Writer.
It works well. With the kind help of Alec and Bob Herdershot I am up and rolling.

Fran in Florida

#39907 - 11/13/02 06:22 AM Re: Problem With SD Writer
Marilyn Boissoneault Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Florida, USA
Where did you get your Reader/Writer? I might like to try that version.

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran in Florida:
Marilyn,

I have the Scan Disk SDDR 73 Reader/Writer.
It works well. With the kind help of Alec and Bob Herdershot I am up and rolling.

Fran in Florida

#39908 - 11/13/02 06:38 AM Re: Problem With SD Writer
Marilyn Boissoneault Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Florida, USA
OK I had checked already and the lock is not on, so that wasn't it.

Yes it is listed as another drive. I have a digital camera so am familar with that 'extra drive'. But it won't let me write to that card in explorer either.

It goes through the motions and blinks the lights like it's writing, but nothing shows up. It does delete anything that is on the card though, but what it writes is not seen by either my computer or the KN7000. In fact the KN7000 wants me to format the card after my reader/writer does it's 'write".

Crazy. I'm suspecting the reader/writer......but last night just for kicks I tried Restoring to the 8 meg card, it could write to that one.

So is it my 128 msg SD card that I can't write to with the reader/writer....I can write to it via usb and I can write to it in the machine fine.

Mystery!

Marilyn

#39909 - 11/13/02 07:33 AM Re: Problem With SD Writer
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
Thank you Alec. We are all looking forward to your tutorial on use of the Song Manager and the SD card. I am certain that it will be well received by everyone. By the way, I didn't use the same procedure as you described with the loading of old files to the SD card in the reader. The only thing we did that was similar was to edit the string names in the kn7000mn.inf file. And, I got the original idea from you. Many thanks. This is mostly OBE now because of the KeySoft hard disk backup transfer software available now.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online