SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#401217 - 04/08/15 08:02 AM Re: New Amp with rave reviews. CPS Spacestaion V.3 [Re: Bill Lewis]
Dnj Offline

This amp might work well in your living room but in no way would I use something like this on stage as a Omb or DJ scenario,.. unless possibly a kb player in a band situation with this amp miced.

#401219 - 04/08/15 08:26 AM Re: New Amp with rave reviews. CPS Spacestaion V.3 [Re: Dnj]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj
This amp might work well in your living room but in no way would I use something like this on stage as a Omb or DJ scenario,.. unless possibly a kb player in a band situation with this amp miced.

Donny
I'm skeptical like you. My questions would be vocal projection and also doing a DJ thing with it. Micing it wouldn't work because the whole premise of this amp is that it reflects sound around the room from different speakers in different directions and then the sound magically arrives at the listener in perfect stereo. Thats also the reason it not reccomended to use two. They would cancel each other out. Maybe along with the amp you get a free bag of magic fairy dust because its way beyond me as to how it works. Might be nice for a studio practice setup to fill the room and get even sound wherever you are
I'm really intrigued to see how the hype progresses. My initial reaction is it will do a very good job on par with the Bose systems.

Edited by Bill Lewis (04/08/15 08:31 AM)

#401220 - 04/08/15 08:34 AM Re: New Amp with rave reviews. CPS Spacestaion V.3 [Re: Bill Lewis]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hello everyone. I was the original poster that brought this special amp to the Synthzone forums attention. I own one now and I can honestly say it does all that the manufacturer says it would and more. There is no question here, this is a great amp and provides 3-D sound throughout any auditorium for up to 300 patrons. I have done this in church every week since I owned the amp and fellow musicians keep asking me where the sound is coming from and I point to this little box that is only about a 1.5 foot tall and they are amazed.

My only criticism is that the 8 inch main front speaker means that you're not going to get heavy bass in the lower register of your keyboard. However I don't play club music and I don't DJ. I play music for people to actually listen to and there is no question this and handles everything I have thrown at it. And it gets very loud without hurting your ears

Edited by spalding1968 (04/08/15 08:35 AM)

#401223 - 04/08/15 08:49 AM Re: New Amp with rave reviews. CPS Spacestaion V.3 [Re: spalding1968]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: spalding1968
Hello everyone. I was the original poster that brought this special amp to the Synthzone forums attention. I own one now and I can honestly say it does all that the manufacturer says it would and more. There is no question here, this is a great amp and provides 3-D sound throughout any auditorium for up to 300 patrons. I have done this in church every week since I owned the amp and fellow musicians keep asking me where the sound is coming from and I point to this little box that is only about a 1.5 foot tall and they are amazed.

My only criticism is that the 8 inch main front speaker means that you're not going to get heavy bass in the lower register of your keyboard. However I don't play club music and I don't DJ. I play music for people to actually listen to and there is no question this and handles everything I have thrown at it. And it gets very loud without hurting your ears
thats why they advise a subwoofer..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#401224 - 04/08/15 09:15 AM Re: New Amp with rave reviews. CPS Spacestaion V.3 [Re: Bachus]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Originally Posted By: Bachus
Originally Posted By: spalding1968

thats why they advise a subwoofer..

Makes perfectly good sense to me.

Bill, My main concern would be falloff, since it is a conventional sound system. For that reason, I don't believe it will project the same as the Bose line array systems, but I could be wrong.

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (04/08/15 09:17 AM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#401230 - 04/08/15 11:58 AM Re: New Amp with rave reviews. CPS Spacestaion V.3 [Re: Bill Lewis]
spalding1968 Offline

It projects pretty well . My church seats 500 to 550 when full . The church building is about 70ft wide by 80ft long in a sort of elongated hexagonal shape . With the volume dial at 2 o'clock in the amp and the keyboard volume slider at 1/3rd of the way up and no other amplification ,you can hear my keyboard more clearly than the fully mic'd steinway grand piano going through the very expensive front of house system we have .

You just can't compare this amp to a conventional amp because the sound blooms as you get further away from the amp . And because it's sounds full everywhere in the room you simply don't need the volume that you would ordinarily push through conventional speakers

#401231 - 04/08/15 12:19 PM Re: New Amp with rave reviews. CPS Spacestaion V.3 [Re: Bill Lewis]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Neat! Thanks for the info.

I would like to hear one of these in person somewhere in my part of the world.

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (04/08/15 12:21 PM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#401232 - 04/08/15 01:55 PM Re: New Amp with rave reviews. CPS Spacestaion V.3 [Re: Bill Lewis]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Any difference in playing mono or stereo samples ? I am wondering if there would be any cancellation or aliasing in feeding a stereo sample to the amp which separates it again.

Edited by Bernie9 (04/08/15 01:56 PM)

#401233 - 04/08/15 02:07 PM Re: New Amp with rave reviews. CPS Spacestaion V.3 [Re: Bill Lewis]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Bernie

I know somewhere in all I read its suggested that its designed to work best with a stereo signal feed into it. Then the amp does its magic with that.
I also read the sub output is not a true crossed over sub output but a full bandwidth line out. A few guys are using the GK12 bass amp with it and rolling off the mids/highs with the amp's tone controls. I believe thats what the inventor has the amp sitting on in the YouTube demos.

#401239 - 04/09/15 02:22 AM Re: New Amp with rave reviews. CPS Spacestaion V.3 [Re: Bernie9]
spalding1968 Offline

Hi Bernie.

The amp is designed specifically to deal with stereo sound . This app can handle any stereo sound whether that is vocals guitars you name it. I have a couple of mono piano samples on my korg and have played these through the amp . In my experiments only the front facing speaker is activated. In other words it becomes a conventional single keyboard speaker. But by adding a smidgen of reverb the amp is somehow able to detect left and right signals and converts the mono sample into a stereo sounding sample. In other words both the front facing and side facing speakers are activated.also just as a general tip the amp is sensitive to reverb and therefore you need less reverb generally in all your mixes then you would do if you were using a conventional keyboard amp.

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online