SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#40693 - 04/25/02 06:59 PM techies - HELP - PLEASE
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
....no doubt I have to get Alec's book, but in the meanwhile ... ...
I have the custom styles which were made available through this site .... I have saved the styles with some PM registrations on my hd-sx6 (in my kn6000) by saving the style and PMs to a floppy, and then writing the floppy to the hd (I've also tried writing straight to the hd) ... let's say that the rock cha cha rhythm was rhythm #6 in the custom style section... the save to the hd is fine, ... however, when I load the style from the hd, the rhythm ends up being whatever rhythm is in the #6 position in the custom style section at that time .... what am I doing wrong?
thnx,
t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 04-25-2002).]

#40694 - 04/26/02 01:15 AM Re: techies - HELP - PLEASE
technicsplayer Offline

if you are doing a performance save, you need to go to page 2 and switch the custom to yes too.

otherwise you are just overwriting the panel memories and leaving the previous custom contents unchanged.

#40695 - 04/26/02 05:51 AM Re: techies - HELP - PLEASE
tony mads usa Offline

Alec..... thank you .... I will be out of town for the weekend, but I will try it next week and let you know.....
thnx,
t.

#40696 - 04/29/02 06:25 AM Re: techies - HELP - PLEASE
tony mads usa Offline

Alec ..... thanks .. that was it ...so simple ... next question .... the 'custom style' save saves all the 'custom styles' at that time, is there a way to delete other styles in the 'custom style' section so that only the desired style is saved, and would this cut down the 'load time'?
thnx,
t.

#40697 - 04/29/02 12:34 PM Re: techies - HELP - PLEASE
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Tony, When I'm faced with this situation, I transfer the custom styles to the Composer Memories A, B & C and then save the Memories, either on their own, or with the song and other parameters. They load a lot quicker and you only save the ones you want. The process is very easy - you probably already know how.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#40698 - 04/29/02 01:21 PM Re: techies - HELP - PLEASE
tony mads usa Offline

Willum .... thanks for the input .... I really haven't used the composer memories, but will look into it ....
thnx agn,
t.

#40699 - 04/29/02 02:59 PM Re: techies - HELP - PLEASE
technicsplayer Offline

ah, but there is also a better way, save each custom style singly as a custom style. This has the advantage of saving the 4 registrations, tempo etc, and the 6 performance pads in a very small file that loads in a flash... (boom boom!) without having to save panel memory or pad.

an easy way to re-arrange your custom section.

use the custom style load / save on the left hand side of the disk screen.

#40700 - 04/30/02 06:21 AM Re: techies - HELP - PLEASE
tony mads usa Offline

thanks AGAIN !!! ..... as the saying goes "you guys are GOOD !!! .... can't wait to get home tonight to try this ....
t. ......

#40701 - 05/07/02 06:49 AM Re: techies - HELP - PLEASE
tony mads usa Offline

ok .... I'm DENSE !!! ... Alec, here is the situation ..... I have 20 styles loaded in the CUSTOM section .... I want to save 'Light 8 Beat' with certain PMs for voicings, etc. on the hard drive (HD-sx6) .... I want the fastest load time possible ... doing a Performance Save saves ALL Custom Styles, and has a long load time .... how do I save only 'Light 8 Beat' in the Custom section??? (step by step, please?!?) ...
many thanks for your patience
t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 05-07-2002).]

#40702 - 05/07/02 08:53 AM Re: techies - HELP - PLEASE
technicsplayer Offline

single custom load does not work from the hard disk, it is in the floppy disk menu.

your answer, don't use the custom load, use composer load.

for the hard disk:
copy the custom style to the composer, using custom style copy in the composer menu. setup registrations for this composer, and save composer and 3 bank panel memories on the hard disk. Add sound memory or pads if you are using any other section in your registrations.
This will load in 2 seconds from hard disk.

If the custom style has been correctly created with registrations, pads, sound, tempo etc built in, save as a single custom style on floppy.
I get more than 120 single custom styles on each floppy disk.
This will also load in only 1 or 2 seconds from floppy disk.

There are many combinations of ways to find your personal optimum way of working.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online