#408181 - 09/12/15 01:11 AM Re: Refugees [Re: cgiles]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Totally agree chas !!!!!

#408204 - 09/12/15 02:23 PM Re: Refugees [Re: cgiles]
rosetree
Unregistered

The refugees have been haunted by war conditions and risked their lives, so it is a duty to help them. On the other hand it's very difficult that nearly all of them have decided to go to Germany as their final destination and a few countries are left alone with incredible numbers of refugees. Numbers of several hundreds of thousands in a few months cannot be handled.
Munich main train station has been the main/first stop of the endless stream of refugees for the past weeks. This weekend about 10,000 or more new refugees are arriving there. As all capacities have been fully utilized before already, I just heard 9,000 people have to sleep on the floor of the railway station with sleeping bags now. It's pure chaos. I must say given the infinite stream, the lacking willingness of many other European countries to take tens of thousands too and the refugees' resolution that it must be Germany (which simply cannot be accepted for a million of refugees or even more), a system has to be implemented to channel and control the stream. Ultimately, this would mean abandoning the Schengen agreement of open borders, which would be a huge step back. The only solution is that other European countries show the same willingness as Germany currently does, AND to convince the refugees that they should be HAPPY to live in France, the Netherlands, Belgium, Danmark and the UK as well and it cannot work if they ALL head for Germany. Germany will definitely welcome 100,000s more refugees, and I think this is a very good, humane thing. On the other hand, if Britain announces to take 10,000 refugees in the next two years, while this is the number arriving on one weekend in Germany, it's a very bad joke. The current chaos at German railway stations is a good thing in terms of helping refugees, it just cannot go on for months and years - which it would if nothing is organized differently in the EU. It could develop into a big crash for The EU.

Edited by rosetree (09/12/15 02:49 PM)

#408208 - 09/12/15 03:03 PM Re: Refugees [Re: cgiles]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
Rosetree, hats down to Germany on this.
Everyone else,, well, I don't really want to use those kind of words on this forum. And already there are people here who would let them rot. Like I said , I was a refugee over 20 years ago and seeing how some people see all this makes me only sorry for their lack of humanity.
But, on the other side there is lots of people who would do a lot to help and I am thankful and grateful for that.

Only thing that I have in common with this that I was a refugee and I know how it feels. And I wouldn't wish that to anyone in the world. Not even the idiots who enjoy all this ..I am not a religious person..I despise all religions equally.

My apologies to Chas because he started this thread and I thank him for that. There is a hope for humanity.

Edited by mirza (09/12/15 03:04 PM)

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#408209 - 09/12/15 04:33 PM Re: Refugees [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
I agree with Mirza in applauding Germany for stepping up to the plate big time, but I also agree with Rosetree that the other EU countries need to do the same. If the current situation continues, the good intentions of German citizens could easily turn to frustration or even resentment. The rest of the world really needs to pitch in and help out, and that includes the UK and America.

chas

#408211 - 09/12/15 04:50 PM Re: Refugees [Re: cgiles]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
The situation is tragic, but the warmness and concern here is comforting.

Thanks to all concerned members.

Russ

#408323 - 09/14/15 05:25 PM Re: Refugees [Re: captain Russ]
mirza Offline

[video:youtube]http://cnn.it/1Qblja5[/video]

For my friend Donny.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#408375 - 09/16/15 02:03 AM Re: Refugees [Re: cgiles]
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Well, I blame the US for this mess. Always sticking its nose where it doesn't belong. But, hey, war is good for business, right?

The refugees are not the problem but the effect of the problem. If a country has plenty of money to wage war it should also have plenty of money to take care of those that are unfortunate enough to be caught between two major camps.

But when do we ever hear anything positive about muslims? I still have to meet the first muslim that hates my guts. Met plenty of the "good" guys that do, though, just me for speaking out. Guess will meet plenty here as well. Not that I will lose any sleep over it.

Edited by Taike (09/16/15 02:10 AM)

#408379 - 09/16/15 04:41 AM Re: Refugees [Re: cgiles]
mirza Offline

Wow, Taike. ..Nice one..heheh
When I tell my friends that , "In God We Trust", is not any different than "Allahu akbar" , people usually don't get it.

#408418 - 09/16/15 10:04 PM Re: Refugees [Re: cgiles]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Chas, thanks for the UUSC refugee donation alert. I believe this is the direct link to the Donation Page . Wish I could give more, as my heart goes out for these innocent people. May they find peace and happiness

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#408428 - 09/17/15 05:19 AM Re: Refugees [Re: cgiles]
casarosa Offline

Loc: Costa Calida Spain
Sadly they are not all genuine refugees and people are thinking with their hearts and not with their heads ISIS know this for they had a plan so how many have infiltrated these countries only time will tell so watch this space.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online