SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#408143 - 09/11/15 11:01 AM Refugees
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
I'm not asking anyone to donate money but if you can, great - even if it's only a small amount. I have been a Unitarian and supported the work of the UUSC (UU Service Committee) for most of my adult life and they have done a lot of good work. Trust me. Even if you are unable to help financially, please sign the petition to raise the ceiling for the number of refugees we will admit into the country. As fellow human beings, we need to help these people. Thanks.

https://secure2.convio.net/uusc/site/Adv...;autologin=true

chas

#408145 - 09/11/15 11:37 AM Re: Refugees [Re: cgiles]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
Hey Chas..
I will be back home on Sunday and I will donate whatever I can.

I will say one thing.
We as human beings fail horribly at this.
This is a shame for all man kind, for all religions and for all non religious people..For all kind of skin color. We let this happen.. Basically we are becoming fashists and we support our Nazi governments to create chaos in these poor countries. By doing nothing we are not much better than ISIS.We are that other terrorist. .
I was a refugee. I was only 14.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#408146 - 09/11/15 12:17 PM Re: Refugees [Re: mirza]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
You got it, Chas. I am mentor to a Mexican family, which means covering college for three kids, paying for legal assistance...anything I am able to do.

I took the politics out of the picture and looked at the need.

a nice check will go to these folks today.

Russ

#408149 - 09/11/15 12:33 PM Re: Refugees [Re: captain Russ]
mirza Offline

Is there a PayPal or anything else ?
I can't open this page from my phone..
I can send some money directly to you Chas and you can do the rest.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#408151 - 09/11/15 12:50 PM Re: Refugees [Re: mirza]
cgiles Offline

Originally Posted By: mirza
Is there a PayPal or anything else ?
I can't open this page from my phone..
I can send some money directly to you Chas and you can do the rest.
Click on the 'UUSC' symbol at the top of the page and a 'DONATE' page will come up. Make sure you specify that it's for the Syrian refugees as there is also fund raising for the earthquake in Nepal going on. You guys are fantastic but somehow that doesn't surprise me at all.

chas

#408153 - 09/11/15 01:08 PM Re: Refugees [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

I probably shouldn't say this but sometimes I look at my two grandkids (9 and 12) with their Ipods, smartphones, laptops, tennis lessons, swim and gymnastics lessons, trail bikes, ridiculous allowances, etc., and it really, really bothers me....not so much because they have these things, but because they TAKE THEM FOR GRANTED. I just feel like they have no empathy whatsoever for the people, and especially the children, that we're talking about right now. Their father (my son) just thinks he's being a good provider but I really do worry about how they and all their privileged peers will turn out. Sometimes I think these Mormon-type missions might not be such a bad idea. If I weren't so anti-religion......oh well, that's another story.

In any case, thanks again to all you good people who care.

chas

#408161 - 09/11/15 02:12 PM Re: Refugees [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

No problem, Donny. However, maybe you should do a little research on the US Herald.....OR, just picture Glenn Beck on steroids. But hey, I'm sure that all those LEGITIMATE news sources and those horrific pictures of the conditions in those refugee camps are just "liberal media propaganda". BTW, in the future, if you don't want to be involved in something, just move on, no need to post about it and certainly no need try to discourage others who DO care and want to help. I'm glad others didn't feel that way when your daughter needed help after the storm that devastated parts of the Jersey shore. But hey....

chas

#408163 - 09/11/15 02:19 PM Re: Refugees [Re: cgiles]
mirza Offline

DNJ, it's a good thing you will never have to through something like this and you will never understand it..You can't even try to understand it when you are holding a baby and you don't even know who's is it and they are holding you at gun point because you don't have any legal papers.. I am surprised they don't create more havoc. But, let's make sure to put in headline " Muslim refugees ", because in western world that makes them less human.

#408166 - 09/11/15 02:33 PM Re: Refugees [Re: cgiles]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Chas, I know where you're coming from. In certain ways, it's good to enjoy the results of your efforts, but, sometimes, I look at the cars, cameras, music equipment, etc. and just shake my head.

Several years ago, I sold a little over a hundred guitars and donated the proceeds. I'm back up to over 300 pieces; many of which have never and will never be played.

Same thing with one of Chas' least favorite things...guns. The collection is over 150 pieces..to be fair, mostly high end English upland game shotguns and similar collectibles...no Saturday night specials, assault rifles or such. I haven't shot one since I sold my farm in 2000. I'm trading third generation purchases, still unused in boxes for others that will never be used.

I feel wasteful and a little ashamed. I'm going to sell all the guns and most of the collectible guitars (I'll keep about 20...believe it or not, that's the minimum I think I need to cover all the bases). I don't need 6 motorcycles, 5 cars and three trucks. Those are personal vehicles; there are more owned by my company. The King Air, gyro and Cessna went year before last, with the proceeds going to a new hospital wing and equipment in my home town.

I'm going to downsize and donate the proceeds. That means cars, motorcycles, trucks...jewelry...whatever I can do without.

Needs are great around the world. In Kentucky, nearly 40% of the school children are from families living below the poverty line. Things are much worse in other areas of the world.

Good wake-up call, Chas.

Russ

Edited by captain Russ (09/11/15 02:43 PM)

#408173 - 09/11/15 04:31 PM Re: Refugees [Re: cgiles]
mirza Offline

Nothing like living in the bubble.
All an ostrich needs is sand to feel safe. Who cares about anyone else.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online