SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#408429 - 09/17/15 05:58 AM Re: Refugees [Re: cgiles]
rosetree
Unregistered

They have to be registered and screened, it's inevitable. So the German government has reinstalled temporary border controls. It just doesn't work that refugees walk across the border in masses without any channeling. Some German politicians, e.g. in the Green party, are very naive in heavily criticizing the government for reintroducing border controls. It's not closing borders, but controlling people coming in.

#408439 - 09/17/15 08:37 AM Re: Refugees [Re: ]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
And everybody should be registered. And of course someone will use this situation to gain theirs. Both, ISIS terrorists and Western terrorists.

The thing is , unfortunately as The Bible says:"Whoever sows injustice will reap calamity and the rod of his fury will fail.

proverbs 22:8

I do hope that I am wrong and there is such a thing as humanity.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#408442 - 09/17/15 09:46 AM Re: Refugees [Re: cgiles]
rosetree
Unregistered

The medium-sized Bavarian town of Rosenheim has registered 2,300 refugees just today, the army is presently installing tents there, as gymnasiums and other buildings are already at their capacity limit. Yesterday, 9,000 persons without papers passed the border to Bavaria on foot. In the past days, refugees have also activated the emergency brakes of some trains in Germany and jumped off in order to get to different regions within Germany than planned. There's also a conflict among German states as Bavaria and NRW are the two states welcoming thousands and thousands of refugees, whereas the other 14 states are taking fewer. Lots of problems to be organized. I don't know how Munich will cope with its Oktoberfest, just as a side note. It cannot simply be cancelled, a giant industry behind it, tents and attractions installed for months already etc. It's already being discussed to use some tents for refugees afterwards, but those tents are not apt for freezing winter temperatures.

Edited by rosetree (09/17/15 09:49 AM)

#408571 - 09/19/15 09:29 AM Re: Refugees [Re: cgiles]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Mankind's only hope is not any government, religion or church, but God's Kingdom. Let your Kingdom come, let your will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven, Amen...

Edited by brickboo (09/19/15 09:32 AM)

#408592 - 09/19/15 04:09 PM Re: Refugees [Re: cgiles]
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Illusions don't solve problems but are often the cause of the problem.

#408659 - 09/21/15 03:12 PM Re: Refugees [Re: Taike]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#408660 - 09/21/15 03:43 PM Re: Refugees [Re: mirza]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: mirza
[video:youtube]https://youtu.be/RvOnXh3NN9w[/video]

I agree to most of the video. But its optimistic tone can only come true if the European countries contribute to the immigration equally in reference to their population. If the UK continues their stance to take a few thousand refugees in 5 years, it won't come true.
Germany has not revoked its plan to take 800,000 refugees in the next 12 months by controlling the border. But Germany is not going to take a million refugees per year on a regular basis, you can be sure about that. Social tensions would explode. These first 800,000 refugees in a rather short time are going to cause huge problems for one country, the video is too optimistic about their integration into the labour market. They need to learn German up to a reasonable level first. How do you organize German courses for 800,000 refugees in short term? It is already certain that the unemployment rate will increase dramatically. Additionally, there are by far not enough apartments for these people. They can't go on living in tents or gymnasiums for months and years. BTW, experts say in the apartment market rents will shoot up - mostly on the expense of the low earning population.
No, it can only be handled if we are talking about five-digit refugee numbers for EVERY mid to larger European country. But that's obviously still far from reality.

Edited by rosetree (09/21/15 03:49 PM)

#408728 - 09/22/15 05:17 PM Re: Refugees [Re: cgiles]
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Rosetree, all good points. Still taken aback by the reluctance of the wealthy oil states to accept any refugees. Is it because they think it's cheaper to import labor or fear instability? The latter is certainly a big concern for most European nations but my hat off to those that are willing to take them. Why is the pressure on Europe and not on the oil states? The oil states should at least provide material and long-term financial aid.

Taike

#408762 - 09/23/15 10:50 AM Re: Refugees [Re: cgiles]
rosetree
Unregistered

Yes, of course it's a shame that these rich oil states are doing so little to help in this crisis. I'm not very well informed about strategies and motives of these countries.
The pressure on Europe is definitely enhanced simply by the refugees' movement towards Central Europe. I don't know whether a part of them would head for the oil states instead if they were more welcoming.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online