SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#41775 - 11/05/04 11:41 AM Performance pads.
Flyer Offline

Loc: Teddington,UK.
Is there any way that the pads can be started when a panel memory is pressed,for instance,I've programmed some latin rhythms into some pads using some of the truly excellent latin sounds from the EW01 board.It would be great if the pads would start at the same time as the rhythms.
Any thoughts?Cheers,David.

#41776 - 11/05/04 02:30 PM Re: Performance pads.
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
FLYER.... This may or may not be what you are looking for......

When I program the panel memories I include my choice of performance pads and all other parts of the registration I want with each panel memory....

My experiences are soley with the Technics KB's... The 1K, the 3K, 5K, 6K, & 7K.....

I hope this will be of help for you...

ELIZABETH

#41777 - 11/05/04 11:29 PM Re: Performance pads.
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hi Flyer,

Ialso use PADs in this way and here is how I do it.

If all my PM settings are to have the same PAD, I Press and hold the SET button until the PANEL MEMORY MODE page comes up.

Press DISPLAY HOLD.

Make sure EXPAND MODE is highlighted.

Go to PAGE 2, right hand side of FILTER TYPE, scroll to bottom 'PAD BANK' use the button underneath to switch it to 'OFF'

Set up your PMs including the chosen PAD, name and save in usual way.

If my PM settings are to include different PADS, I first switch off the AUTO SETTING button directly under the PERFORMANCE PADS
(lefthand side of keyboard).

I then do the same as above making sure the keyboard is in the EXPAND mode and that the PAD BANK is switched to 'ON' but this time I set individual PMs with the choice of PAD included in the settings, name and save to Bank (if using them).

The reason for saving each PM individually is because if the Music Style Arranger, Music Stylist or Custom Stylist is used, they have their own settings including relevant Pads and therefore when you change to the next PM, you will get whatever Pad was used with that PM which can be very embarrassing when playing 'live' believe me I've been there, and got the'T' shirt, as they say ha! ha!

Hope this helps.

Aud-UK

#41778 - 11/06/04 02:55 AM Re: Performance pads.
Flyer Offline

Loc: Teddington,UK.
Ladies,many thanks for your input but I obviously havn't been very lucid about this query.What I'm trying to achieve is starting the relevant pad in conjunction with a style so the pad doesn't have to be pressed(one less button to push).Say you were playing a bossa and you had recorded a cabasa rhythm in a pad,when you start the bossa,synchro or whatever,the pad would start also,provided the set up is all saved to a pm.I hope this is a bit more comprehensible?
Regards,David.

#41779 - 11/06/04 07:52 AM Re: Performance pads.
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi Flyer,
i'm afraid that it is not possible as you want it to handle the pads. TMO it is only working in a sequence. If really needed you could record a pad starting from the beginning when you record a single track (ctrl-track) with starting a pad. Like an (empty) sequence. Otherwise I think it's the challenge to use all those buttons in real play. That's why a keyboardist have to handle all those keys AND all those buttons, and I assure you that is not as easy as it like, is not it?
Cees

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online