SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#418929 - 03/30/16 11:06 PM Love this newfangled technology
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
This may sound like self promotion, not intended as that.

http://youtu.be/GfE3PLwSXOY

A video I put on YouTube a while back hit 9k views. As an older dude I'm still amazed that technology like this exists where an average player, with an average video, can gain access to such a larger audience.

I would have loved this technology back 30 years ago when I was trying to get original music noticed by a larger audience....doesn't mean anyone would have been interested...but what a promotion tool.

#420020 - 04/18/16 12:58 PM Re: Love this newfangled technology [Re: guitpic1]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
WOW! I posted a 10 minute piece 4 years ago and only got a little over 2,000 views. (RCL Solo Guitar).

R.

#420311 - 04/23/16 01:27 AM Re: Love this newfangled technology [Re: guitpic1]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
That is a great response. I put a song I wrote and recorded with my classic rock band almost 6 years ago to announce Last Call at our bar gigs and it has only had over 8 thousand views. So you are doing great. I agree the Internet is wonderful for self promotion.

#420358 - 04/23/16 10:44 PM Re: Love this newfangled technology [Re: Nigel]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Nigel
I put a song I wrote and recorded with my classic rock band almost 6 years ago to announce Last Call at our bar gigs and it has only had over 8 thousand views.

Nigel......that's a real nice song....great arrangement....great melody.....great creativity....great hook....great guitar playing.

I didn't know you were that good and that professional. Now tell me what part of the song is you? I know you wrote it, but is that you singing, playing the guitar, etc. i.e. Who's doing what in the performance?

Whoa, Nelly. The "credits" just showed up at the end of the video! But I'm still curious about who did the arrangement or was it just a joint effort? You had some nice ideas in there.

#420361 - 04/24/16 01:25 AM Re: Love this newfangled technology [Re: guitpic1]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
If you want to see what hits can be had being a solo keyboard player, then just take a look at Florian Hutters channel here

Enjoy

Bill

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online