SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#420120 - 04/20/16 11:11 AM How important is PRODUCT SUPPORT?"
mister Sd7 Offline

Loc: Belgium
I have been a synthzone member since a very long time and altough I have not been doing much posting here, I have been doing a lot of reading. As someone who loves arranger keyboards, I enjoy getting ideas from others and also trying new things, but there always comes a time when you need support and time from someone especially when you buy a new keyboard. It is expected that when you buy a new keyboard from a dealer or distribution network, they should be able to provide you with service, after all you are their customer, right?

But what if you cannot get service from the one you bought the keyboard from or...they are not capable of giving you that service or they don't care, or the person willing to sell you a keyboard and provide service is thousands of miles away? What if you buy a keyboard from your local dealer (to support them) but find someone about 3000 miles away who will help and support you? This is where AJ (from KETRON USA) comes in. I am located in Belgium and AJ works for AJAM Inc (KETRON USA distributors) in the United States of America. I have not bought any KETRON product (neither my SD7 or my new AUDYA) from this man, but ALL the support (how to, where to, when to plus extra...etc) has been provided to me by AJ whom I just found out is also a talented musician and great Computer Engineer (which probaby explains why he knows what we want and can influence KETRON with designs and software to implement just that).

Although he is about 3000 miles away, thanks to WHATSAPP, a cell phone or a computer, AJ is only 'clicks' away and very responsive. I have been able to reach him and get support for free.... I can only imagine what kind of service would I have received ... if I had bought the products from the USA? Such people in our communities should be supported and I have quickly realized it is not just about the money. If someone can offer you the best deal (price + support), go for it for you never know when you'll need the support - even if you are a PRO like me. The price paid and effects on your wallet are quickly forgotten, but the service lives on and on.

I thank you Mr. AJ for your knowledge and product support in the KETRON community and Music community as a whole - and I think all of us who own KETRON products (or even Roland or Yamaha or Korg) have felt your influence in one way ... or another.

#420153 - 04/20/16 05:13 PM Re: How important is PRODUCT SUPPORT?" [Re: mister Sd7]
Ingres Offline

Loc: FWI
Same to say!
Living in French West Indies (Guadeloupe), related to France and Europe ... but, since many years (and my SD1), assistance comes from AJ. I would have already forgiven Ketron without this man!

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online