SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#420573 - 04/27/16 11:37 AM Contradicting information about SD40
rosetree
Unregistered

Already posted this in the general arranger forum:

I found this demo by Marcello Colo.

In the end he briefly speaks about the SD40 and says that its sounds (and styles?!?) are identical to the MidJPro, "which people have known since last year".

This makes no sense at all: Ketron states the SD40 is identical to SD7. But MidJPro and SD7 are not identical, AJ explained earlier that MiJPro has fewer samples, and everyone knows it has far fewer styles. Additionally, the MidjPro has been out for much more than one year.

Was Marcello Colo a bit confused when he made this statement? If he had said "identical to the SD7" it would be in line with all other statements from Ketron and AJ. "Identical to MidJPro in sounds and styles" makes no sense at all.

Maybe AJ can shed some light on it?

#420622 - 04/28/16 06:43 AM Re: Contradicting information about SD40 [Re: ]
pastroccio Offline

Loc: Italia
as I understand he talk about equal midijay pro for structure, has player , style ecc... de different is that midijay pro is more for multimedia, dj, karaoke ecc, and has a good section of style.. but sd 40 is more for style, and less of dj multimedia ecc.. sd 40 of course is the same of sd7

#420624 - 04/28/16 07:44 AM Re: Contradicting information about SD40 [Re: ]
rosetree
Unregistered

I just got a reply from M.Colo on Youtube: he explains that MidjPro and SD7 share the same wavetable. So regarding sounds, SD7, MidjPro and SD40 should be more or less equal.
What you said about the differences between SD40 and MidjPro regarding emphasis on player versus style section was clear of course.

#420709 - 04/30/16 01:33 AM Re: Contradicting information about SD40 [Re: ]
Anthony Johnson Offline

Loc: Sheffield Yorkshire England
Originally Posted By: rosetree
I just got a reply from M.Colo on Youtube: he explains that MidjPro and SD7 share the same wavetable. So regarding sounds, SD7, MidjPro and SD40 should be more or less equal.
What you said about the differences between SD40 and MidjPro regarding emphasis on player versus style section was clear of course.

I believe that the SD7 and the SD40 have more sounds than the Midjpro.
They have some RAM sounds for instance which the Midjpro doesn't have and I also think that they have more ordinary built in sounds too.
I do know that the SD7 has more styles

I do wish Ketron would hurry up and confirm exactly the full spec of the SD40 and how it compares to the Midjpro.

Tony

#421948 - 06/03/16 03:30 AM Re: Contradicting information about SD40 [Re: Anthony Johnson]
Tonewheeldude Offline

As was announced by Ketron Italy at Frankfurt, the SD40 is simply a module version of the SD7 keyboard. Therefore you can check the SD7 specifications for details.

The announcement reads: "The KETRON SD40 is the new.....expander version of the acclaimed KETRON SD7, the SD40 provides the same musical and technical functionalities of the keyboard"

Whilst the new products share the same sound engine and core OS, the MidJay series has always seen an emphasis on multimedia playback and entertainment, with the arranger functions being secondary. The MidJay Pro is a slight exception because the user interface is so similar to the new SD series and is easier to use as an arranger than the standard midjay or the + version.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online