#424981 - 08/18/16 06:01 AM TECHNICS FA1
Dnj Offline

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwE33zwfZEc

That sound brings me back.......... headphone

cool2

Edited by Dnj (08/18/16 06:45 AM)

#424986 - 08/18/16 12:49 PM Re: TECHNICS FA1 [Re: Dnj]
Torch Offline

Wow, Dnj, talking about "brings back..." This is Jim Harris a friend of mine in the same town playing my FA1 that I had traded for his custom music PC setup. Right after that, someone donated him another FA1. Then all of a sudden he passed away.

About 7 years ago, he came over to my place and said he wanted to pick up the accordion and wanted to rent one of my accordions. He said, "I can't carry around my orgran like you do with an accordion."
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#424989 - 08/18/16 02:42 PM Re: TECHNICS FA1 [Re: Torch]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Torch
Wow, Dnj, talking about "brings back..." This is Jim Harris a friend of mine in the same town playing my FA1 that I had traded for his custom music PC setup. Right after that, someone donated him another FA1. Then all of a sudden he passed away.

About 7 years ago, he came over to my place and said he wanted to pick up the accordion and wanted to rent one of my accordions. He said, "I can't carry around my orgran like you do with an accordion."

wow what a story Torch who knew?....many players still love that older organ sound..
He sounds like a nice guy may he R.I.P.

#424992 - 08/19/16 01:44 AM Re: TECHNICS FA1 [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj

wow what a story Torch who knew?....many players still love that older organ sound..

For these great organs, you could just add a Ketron SD40 and have the best of two worlds.... The SD40 comes with a special mode for organs...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#425020 - 08/19/16 12:39 PM Re: TECHNICS FA1 [Re: Dnj]
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
He sounds like Walter Wanderley. What a great sound. I loved his sound. Thanks for the post Dnj.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGNwXq6vPoI

#425034 - 08/19/16 04:17 PM Re: TECHNICS FA1 [Re: Bachus]
Torch Offline

I am very much interested in the SD40. I wonder if the vocal harmonizer in it is any good.

Dnj, thanks for the video. I looked it up and found Jim's old Youtube ID. https://www.youtube.com/user/6a65682 He used hexadecimal numbers for his ID 6a65682, which spells out JEH Jim Edward(I think) Harris when converted to text. He was good at technology.
Originally Posted By: Bachus

For these great organs, you could just add a Ketron SD40 and have the best of two worlds.... The SD40 comes with a special mode for organs...
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online