SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#42519 - 01/26/03 02:52 AM Proposed New Legislation for U.K. Only.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Good Morning All.
This is a message which is very important to ALL musicians in the U.K. So I would be grateful if those not affected will please accept my apologies.
There is a proposal by the U.K. government to put New Regulations on the statute book with regards to Musical Performances which will affect ALL and ALL VENUES. It would appear that the U.K. governments obsession with regulations is going from the sublime to the ridiculous.
Information on this new prospoed(at the moment) can be found by going to www.organfax.co.uk/news
It seems that a 'pub landlord' on London
has been prosecuted for allowing his customers to singalong to an organ.
Check it out!!!!!
Regards.
Peter B

#42520 - 01/26/03 07:12 AM Re: Proposed New Legislation for U.K. Only.
John North Offline

Loc: Alfreton, Derbyshire, England
Hi Peter
Thanks for cheering me up during these winter months.
Were the customers singing the same tune as the organist was playing?????
I did read that some customers were SWAYING to the music and others were TAPPING their feet.
It really is time that Tony Blair got rid of these troublemakers.............By the way, what song was Sadam Hussein singing ?????
John

#42521 - 01/26/03 12:41 PM Re: Proposed New Legislation for U.K. Only.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi John.
Probably 'We'll keep a welcome in the (Sand dunes) Hillside and Tony's (Blairfoot in the (Bushes)Park and as an encore: Who do you think you're kidding Mr S.H. Mr Bush was there on Karaoke singing his speciallity 'I Dream of Saddam with the dark brown hair' and then the men in white coats came and took them all off to a desserted island with only ten discs between them. They immediately started throwing them up in the air and used them for target practice.

Quote:
Originally posted by John North:
Hi Peter
Thanks for cheering me up during these winter months.
Were the customers singing the same tune as the organist was playing?????
I did read that some customers were SWAYING to the music and others were TAPPING their feet.
It really is time that Tony Blair got rid of these troublemakers.............By the way, what song was Sadam Hussein singing ?????
John

#42522 - 01/31/03 08:46 AM Re: Proposed New Legislation for U.K. Only.
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
[QUOTE]Originally posted by peter.bentley@talk21.com:

Hi John.
Probably 'We'll keep a welcome in the (Sand dunes) Hillside and Tony's (Blairfoot in the (Bushes)Park and as an encore: Who do you think you're kidding Mr S.H. Mr Bush was there on Karaoke singing his speciallity 'I Dream of Saddam with the dark brown hair' and then the men in white coats came and took them all off to a desserted island with only ten discs between them. They immediately started throwing them up in the air and used them for target practice.

[/QU

I laughed out loud at this - it brightened up a dull day!!!

Joan

------------------

#42523 - 01/31/03 12:20 PM Re: Proposed New Legislation for U.K. Only.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Joan.
There has to be humour in all situations. It's just that we can't always see it at the time. I understand that Mr Blair has gone to join Mr Bush at The White House and that they are at this very moment dancing round the Oval office dressed as Wilson, Kepple and Betty. No ones quite certain which one is Betty at the moment but all will be revealed when they have had their weapons inspected. The rumour is that Mr Blair has gone there because, while he's been away in other foreign climes, new laws have been passed and he's not now allowed to dance in the U.K. or maybe he's taken his music away because we won't all dance to his tune.
Quote:
Originally posted by Joan:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by peter.bentley@talk21.com:
[b]
Hi John.

[/QU

I laughed out loud at this - it brightened up a dull day!!!

Joan

[/B]

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online