SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#426698 - 10/05/16 09:46 AM This is the moment ...
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
This is the DAY!!!!
(no, I'm not reviving "Jekyll & Hyde" ... and yes, I know it's your favorite showtune Donny - no need to post a link to the song) smile

I'm finally ready to retire the PA900 to my (antique-rich) studio, to quietly rest alongside the Rhodes, Yamaha 9000PRO and (gulp) trusty Korg i5s. (and all the guitar stuff, of course)

My crazy summer is over, and I'm on fire to restructure, revise, refine and revitalize everything about my performance ... and my life. I'm back on a healthy eating plan, sleeping more regular hours, riding my bike, and tweaking, recording and modernizing my gear during the day. I'm so excited to head into this coming holiday season with the new setup - EVERYTHING, and I mean everything, sounds so much better on this 4x, compared to the 900. I'm recording new vocal backings to use with guitar based songs, special medleys and updating my repertoire to sound as competitive as I can.

This is the moment! (I mean it, Donny ... they all know the song)
(stay tuned...)

#426699 - 10/05/16 09:49 AM Re: This is the moment ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

OK, you can all have a good laugh at the Hasselhoffer ...
https://youtu.be/LvMToLhUieQ

#426701 - 10/05/16 09:53 AM Re: This is the moment ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
You are so right about the 4X! Possibilities are unlimited. Wish I had more energy and inspiration to do more with it, but I'm happy with what I'm doing.
I know you will get the most from it!

#426704 - 10/05/16 10:06 AM Re: This is the moment ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
I bet you do a good show, Dave. Someone who keeps refining and has drive to improve, with today's technology, I am sure can provide a really good sound. And have fun!

I didn't care for Mr. Broadway but Broadway is not at all what I like. But he did a good job, I was surprised at his range and he was not pitchy. Don't care for his voice but he's not a singer. Kudos to him, he certainly is no quitter, he keeps at it after tv let him go!

#426705 - 10/05/16 10:33 AM Re: This is the moment ... [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
Dnj Offline

[video:youtube]https://youtu.be/WkCGdeanCK4[/video]

Dave......no one does it like Robert Cucciolli ..
this is my favorite version of this amazing song!, cool2

Good luck with the Pa4x......and your new approach.....see you soon.

Edited by Dnj (10/05/16 01:32 PM)

#426706 - 10/05/16 10:47 AM Re: This is the moment ... [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj

I knew you couldn't resist!

#426716 - 10/05/16 01:32 PM Re: This is the moment ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
Originally Posted By: Dnj

I knew you couldn't resist!

I knew YOU couldn't either wink gives me chills every time I watch him sing it WOW!!! is all I have to say!! clap bow clap

#426717 - 10/05/16 01:57 PM Re: This is the moment ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Dave redoing from the bottom up is exciting. New ideas and sounds – a chance to make a new you and change you’re your music. It gets me excited to think of your creativity and where it will take you.
Setting up a new keyboard is exciting; but creating a situation which allows your blood to flow. aaaaaaaaH I love it!

John C.

PS, You can see by my post that I am thinking of doing the same thing. There is more than setting up a keyboard and playing out; as good as it is. But leaving your comfort zone to create is right up there with loving our business of preforming. It's like have a new kid or a new wife --oooops, should not have said that.

#426718 - 10/05/16 02:18 PM Re: This is the moment ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Been thinking along those same lines, at least for repitore. Trouble is I just can't see to come up with any really exciting new songs for a OMB that won't sound corny on an Arranger. I listen to a lot of music here and its guitar dominated . Most of the stuff they do I really don't recognize or like.
Anyone learning anything that seems fresh but again not corny on an Arranger?
BTW I'm also leaning away from SMFs and doiong more with Styles, especially since I've finally master using the One Touch settings on the BK9. Big differnence for preforming and worth the considerable programming time.

#426719 - 10/05/16 03:04 PM Re: This is the moment ... [Re: bruno123]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Originally Posted By: bruno123
Dave redoing from the bottom up is exciting. New ideas and sounds – a chance to make a new you and change you’re your music. It gets me excited to think of your creativity and where it will take you.
Setting up a new keyboard is exciting; but creating a situation which allows your blood to flow. aaaaaaaaH I love it!

John C.

PS, You can see by my post that I am thinking of doing the same thing. There is more than setting up a keyboard and playing out; as good as it is. But leaving your comfort zone to create is right up there with loving our business of preforming. It's like have a new kid or a new wife --oooops, should not have said that.

Hi John,
Go for it.

( new keyboard, not new wife) haha

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online