SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#43325 - 12/22/04 04:41 PM SOUND MEMORY QUESTION
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Over the past 2 years I have saved many sequences from the many talented members who have submitted them. When I load them, I have found many great edited voices in Sound Memory.

My question is how I can combine the ones I want into my own custom sound memory ? I have saved them to SD as they were loaded originally,but, I have to load that particular set to get what I want.

Bernie

#43326 - 12/23/04 01:42 AM Re: SOUND MEMORY QUESTION
John North Offline

Loc: Alfreton, Derbyshire, England
My question is how I can combine the ones I want into my own custom sound memory ? I have saved them to SD as they were loaded originally,but, I have to load that particular set to get what I want.

Bernie[/B][/QUOTE]

Hi Bernie.
There may be a quicker way but I use the following:-
Save the custom sounds to Floppy. Save>Technics Format>Page 2 Sound Memory.
When you've saved the various Sound Memory files containing the edited sounds that you like, you can thing Single Load Sounds of your choice into a new Sound Memory file. From the floppy Load>go to page 3- Single Load>choose your sound from the floppy and save it into the position you want in your sound memory. Carry on with single loads until you fill the new Sound Memory file. Finally save it to SD with a new name 'Bernie's Favorites'
John

#43327 - 12/23/04 03:22 AM Re: SOUND MEMORY QUESTION
Bernie9 Offline

Thank you, John, I'll give her a go.

Bernie

#43328 - 12/28/04 04:52 PM Re: SOUND MEMORY QUESTION
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Bernie9:
Thank you, John, I'll give her a go.

Bernie

Hi Bernie, This suggestion of John doesn´t work with my Technics KN1200, but I´ve found a VERY GOOD solution about 10 minutes ago: You can put all your fav-sounds together on the computer, and write them on a diskette, which you can put in your keyboard.

First: download the simple editor edkn2k.zip at :http://www.synthzone.com/files/technics/kn2000/.
Unzip. Put the exe-file in the directory in which you have put all your favorite sequences. Open the exe-file, load a song, go with arrow to libary, go to export, create a new libary etc. I will not explain the whole thing.

But the idea is this: You create a libary with all your favorite sounds, then you import those sounds in the song which is active at that moment, then you save that song (with your fav. sounds) under a new name, et voila. You exit the program, and write the files to a diskette, and put it in keyboard.

Perhaps it sounds complicated, but it works!!

If you try it: Good luck!

Marcel

#43329 - 12/29/04 03:45 AM Re: SOUND MEMORY QUESTION
Bernie9 Offline

Hi Marcel
I am glad you found a work around for your board. I am sure it will work but,I used John's method successfuly, and probably could use "SD Explorer" to rearrange the order in SD.

Thanks for your reply.

Bernie

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online