SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#43931 - 10/01/03 11:46 AM note change/velocity change
desertrain97 Offline

Loc: Bethlehem, PA 18020
I noticed that the KN7000 has a cool feature in that you can change a specific note within a sequenced track to another note of your choosing....I'm wondering if there was a way to do this for velocity as well (for a specific note within a track, not the entire track) thanks MG

#43932 - 10/01/03 11:56 AM Re: note change/velocity change
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Quote:
Originally posted by desertrain97:
I noticed that the KN7000 has a cool feature in that you can change a specific note within a sequenced track to another note of your choosing....I'm wondering if there was a way to do this for velocity as well (for a specific note within a track, not the entire track) thanks MG

Hey MG!

Just how does one do that?????? A complete explanation would be most appreciated!

Ted

#43933 - 10/01/03 01:11 PM Re: note change/velocity change
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Sure Is In the same Editing screen that you change the actual pitch of the note (Program Menus > Sequencer > Record/Edit > Step Record > select Part eg RT1). Along the bottom of the screen you will see facilities for changing a note selected under the cursor. Basic operations are Note pitch, Velocity (0-127) and Length of note.
There are other ways to carry out these operations, using the 'Piano Roll' display screen. (Program Menus > Sequencer > Record/Edit > Note Edit )

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#43934 - 10/01/03 01:27 PM Re: note change/velocity change
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
There is another type of editor as well

Sequencer
Record&Edit
Note Edit

Gives you a piano roll type editor.

Drum Edit is handy for drums.

These 2 editors are similar to some of the editing functions available on pc sequencers.

best wishes
rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#43935 - 10/01/03 04:45 PM Re: note change/velocity change
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
There have been many posts about the Sequencer note editor and I'll say again what I say each time - read the manual, then Alec's book, then experiment with it. The editors are one of the most useful tools you have on the unit, and if you record, then you need to know the editor's functions. Turn on your keyboard, open the manual to page 1, and go through the whole thing, cover to cover. Then experiment with different functions with Alec's book in front of you, and a whole new world will open up for you. You'll understand a lot more about how things work on your keyboard, and eventually you will learn the answers to most of the questions that pop up on this forum. There is nothing wrong with questions and I pose a lot of them myself, but the manual will answer a lot of them for you, and you won't have to wait. The sequencer editor also has another function: you can shorten or lengthen the note to fit the measure, or move it wherever you want in that measure. You want the note to sound early - no problem. A short delay, perhaps? No problem. Just move the note where you want so it starts when you want, or you can just lengthen the note so it starts earlier. Don't forget to alter the corresponding note from Right 2 when making adjustments to Right 1. All one has to do is open the door (editor) and a new world awaits.

#43936 - 10/02/03 03:37 AM Re: note change/velocity change
desertrain97 Offline

Loc: Bethlehem, PA 18020
Thanks for all the feedback...As my wife always tells me, "I should be more clear when I communicate"...I know about the piano roll and step record options to change velocity on notes within a track...what I was really after was the option of chaning velocity for ALL G# notes, for example, within an entire track; not just one at a time....this option is available for note changes if you go to sequencer, range edit, note change,,,you simply put in a target note and identify the track and then put the note you want it changed to and "bam" ALL the notes are changed which you targeted within the entire track at one time.....(this was especially handy for editing drum tracks) I have read the manual and did not see a way to use this method other than for note change....but maybe my reading is as bad as my communication skills? thanks!

#43937 - 10/02/03 02:58 PM Re: note change/velocity change
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
unfortunately I don't think so. It would be a handy feature , though.

I think I've got this feature in one of software sequencers.

best wishes
rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by desertrain97:
[B]what I was really after was the option of chaning velocity for ALL G# notes, for example, within an entire track; not just one at a time....

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#43938 - 10/02/03 04:59 PM Re: note change/velocity change
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
Now, that would be a great feature to have on the editor, but I haven't uncovered it as yet. If it's there, then its buried and it would take someone like technicsplayer to find it. Also, desertrain97, I didn't mean to sound like I was pointing the finger at you personally. We do get a lot of questions on the forum that could be answered just by someone looking it up in the manual, and most likely in less time than waiting for a reply. However, I do realize that the manual is less than clear on a lot of subjects and in many cases a little more clarification is needed. That's why technicsplayer (Alec) is such a valuable asset to this forum.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online