SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#44001 - 01/20/02 02:38 PM Re: PianoDisc Compatibility
technicsplayer Offline

whew! $39, I hope it works, and you can get your money back if it doesn't.

was it not PGMusic (the band in a box people) who had a series for jazz piano, blues piano etc etc. They were good performances and maybe better in value since they were made as lessons by pro players.

#44002 - 01/20/02 08:38 PM Re: PianoDisc Compatibility
Kmac Offline

I believe the product that you are asking about are General Midi - So when you go to load the disc choose Midi File instead of technics mode- Let us know how you make out.

[This message has been edited by Kmac (edited 01-22-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Kmac (edited 01-22-2002).]

#44003 - 01/24/02 07:26 AM Re: PianoDisc Compatibility
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
Rob, I've explored the possibility of using the disk in the kn6000, and while it does load up and play in direct play mode, it didn't do much for me. The disk uses an old dos format on a double density disk which foils most attempts to copy the disk with new disk drives. The music is just fine, but if all a person can do is listen to the music, then I would suggest an MP3 file, or a music CD. It's much cheaper. By the way, the piano disk I examined was "Danny Wright's Christmas". Hope this helps.

#44004 - 01/27/02 08:01 PM Re: PianoDisc Compatibility
rgdrummo Offline

Loc: Fort Wayne, IN USA
I received the PianoDisc diskette by mail. Indeed, it does play on my PR902 in 'direct Play' mode. I ordered a jazz disk, which has a number of good tune on it. I use these disks to jam along with on my Yamaha WX-5 Wind Controller. The disks are rather expensive and they sound as if they have been poorly quantitized - perhaps they were sequenced with a resolution of 1/32 note or less - some of the passages sound kludgy.

Rob

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online