Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#44098 - 11/12/02 01:22 PM Recording Via USB and others
tonykn7000 Offline

Loc: Colchester , Essex , UK
Hi All
I still have a problem trying to record from
the KN7 to my PC.
Have tried USB /line in /microphone but nothing I try gives a good recording to make a wave file to burn a CD. Have tried recording to Technics Audio recorder and recorder in Roxio Easy CD but recordings come out terrible can hardly make out the song and even using the Mic to record to any of these is just as bad. The only decent recording I get is using the Microsoft recorder but of course this is only 60secs.
My Pc is a Cyrix 333 which runs all other programs fine and plays wave files or midi
from programs or downloads perfect. The sound card is intergrated in the motherboard
cold this be the problem or do I have a conflict somewhere in software. How can I test system for this.
Have spent days trying everything I can think of and have played around with soundcard volumes and setting with no joy.

Any Help much appreciated

Best regards
Tony

#44099 - 11/12/02 02:27 PM Re: Recording Via USB and others
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Tony, I too had some recording problems in the 'Early Days' and eventually used the 'Windows Sound Recorder' very sucessfully. It is possible to extend the recording time to whatever period you wish.(Using USB coupling)
Have a look at the following posts : http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum25/HTML/000928.html

and this one, in which I explain how I extended the recording time. http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum25/HTML/000964.html

Hope there may be something there which will help

------------------
Willum

[This message has been edited by Bill Norrie (edited 11-12-2002).]

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online