SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#44528 - 10/29/02 07:38 AM KN-7000 questions
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Since I still have not been able to see a KN-7000 near me - a few more questions to those that have 'em already

1) On the previous KN models, whatever you had plugged into the Line Ins, was also sent to the Line Outs. Is this still true of both sets of line ins (aux ins)? Reason I wonder - in a band situation, could I feed a monitor mix (of the whole band, including all vocals, guitars, etc. - plus my keyboard) into an Aux In and use the KN-7000 as a monitor? If this input was also fed to the line outs, then a "feedback loop" might form; if the input was only fed to the amp and speakers of the KN-7000, the loop wouldn't occur. Which does happen - or do the two aux/line INs each act differently?

2) Has anyone used a microphone plugged intot he KN-7000, that does NOT need any EQ-ing to sound decent? I don't want to tie up the Multi effect to EQ the mic, since I also use the Multi effect on many voices. I'd like to be able to simply plug a mic in, add a bit of reverb, and use it. The mic's I've tried (a Peavey vocal mic, an AKG and a Shure, don't remember model #'s) all sounded quite "muffled" when plugged into the KN-6000 which I have connect to external amps/speakers, yet these same mics sounded fine going through a standard PA system, with no EQ applied. Maybe the low-to-hi- impedence matcher I used was the culprit?
(XLR to 1/4")

3) Can the separate outputs (line outputs, other than the "main" set) be EQ'd at the KN-7000? That is, could I send BASS to one, and DRUMS to another, and EQ them separately, or do I need to do the EQing with an external mixer? I know the KN-6x00 has a "master EQ" for its stereo outs; don't know if the 7000 has separate output EQs for the outputs that you can designate to any part/etc?

Jim

#44529 - 11/11/02 06:30 AM Re: KN-7000 questions
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
One last small questions - (4) did someone say that one can mute the internal speakers without putting a 1/4" plug in the headphone jack?

Thanks for any answers...

Jim

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online