SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#44753 - 12/06/05 06:00 PM Checkout my Arranger KB produced Song: " I Get Along Without You Very Well"
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Technics Keyboard friends: Realizing that many of you share my appreciation for classic American Standards, I wanted to invite you all to listen to my latest song rendition of the Hoagy Carmichael classic: "I Get Along Without You Very Well". This was recorded live on my Tyros2 arranger keyboard:
File Type - MP3; File Size - 7.05Mb.

To listen, go to my website:

Scott Yee Entertainment

Then go to the 'Song DEMOS' page. "I Get Along Without You Very Well" is located in the 'Classic Ballads' section. To play: click on "DSL-Cable", immediately following the song title. Unfortunately, due to the large file size (7.05Mb), a 56kbps dialup version isn't included.

- Scott Yee

#44754 - 12/07/05 10:45 AM Re: Checkout my Arranger KB produced Song: " I Get Along Without You Very Well"
ochre aka ogre Offline

Loc: UK
Hi Scott Yee,
That was nice... first time I've heard you sing and must say I like what you do. And the Tyros didn;t sound too bad either
I can listen to this again, anbd again...
Thank you,

Peter

#44755 - 12/07/05 11:19 AM Re: Checkout my Arranger KB produced Song: " I Get Along Without You Very Well"
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Dear Scott!

One of my all-time favorite songs, and you do such a great job! Thank you for sharing. In reference to the song title, I don't think I could get along without the wonderful contributions from all the folks who send things to the SynthZone. And this one from you is very special. Like Peter above, I will listen to this over and over. Thanks much for your great contributions!

Ted Rose

P.S. Just a technical question: what keyboard are you using and what microphone for recording? I'd love to be able to do this with my Technics 7000. Thanks.

TER

#44756 - 12/08/05 07:11 AM Re: Checkout my Arranger KB produced Song: " I Get Along Without You Very Well"
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
SCOTT.... Thanks for sharing your wonderful talent!

ELIZABETH

#44757 - 12/08/05 09:47 AM Re: Checkout my Arranger KB produced Song: " I Get Along Without You Very Well"
Scottyee Offline

Peter, Ted (Ter?), and Elizabeth:

Many thanks for listening, and for taking the time to respond with your comments.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ted Rose:
what keyboard are you using and what microphone for recording? I'd love to be able to do this with my Technics 7000.

I performed and recorded this tune ENTIRELY on my Yamaha Tyros2 keyboard, utilizing a Sennheiser e935 cardioid microphone, which was plugged directly into the keyboard's 1/4" mic input, playing & singing live in auto-accomp arranger mode. You can (of course ) record the same way on your Technics KN7000. I look forward to hearing a keyboard w/vocals song from you now, utilizing your Technics KN7000. - Scott

btw: I've since updated my website, changing my demo songs from: .mp3 format to .wma (windows media audio) file format, as I believe .wma files yield better quality sounding 'compressed audio' results than mp3.

Scott

#44758 - 12/08/05 11:14 AM Re: Checkout my Arranger KB produced Song: " I Get Along Without You Very Well"
shcox Offline

Loc: Leesburg, FL USA
Hi Scott,

The song sounds great. It's good to know your voice recovered after the jam. I've not heard you sing since then.

------------------
Heather- Leesburg, FL PR54

#44759 - 12/09/05 11:57 PM Re: Checkout my Arranger KB produced Song: " I Get Along Without You Very Well"
Peter Lowden Offline

Loc: England
Hi Scott,

Really enjoyed your latest demo! Loved the piano, was the piano one of the accompaniment parts of the style used?

Well done

Kind regards

Peter

#44760 - 12/10/05 11:45 AM Re: Checkout my Arranger KB produced Song: " I Get Along Without You Very Well"
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Lowden:
was the piano one of the accompaniment parts of the style used?
Peter

NO. Both vocals & piano were all played 'live' by me. - Scott

#44761 - 12/12/05 11:09 PM Re: Checkout my Arranger KB produced Song: " I Get Along Without You Very Well"
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Great performance vocally and on keyboard Scott. You sound very comfortable doing that. I had to listen to it a few times in a row. You really do the Tyros 2 justice. Thanks very much for that.

#44762 - 12/13/05 02:33 PM Re: Checkout my Arranger KB produced Song: " I Get Along Without You Very Well"
Bazz Woods Offline

Loc: British Isles
Scott,
Nice performance,but sorry
I dont hear any better sounds than technics.
In fact the styles sounded very contrived

Only my opinion.

Cheers Barry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online