SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#44753 - 12/06/05 06:00 PM Checkout my Arranger KB produced Song: " I Get Along Without You Very Well"
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Technics Keyboard friends: Realizing that many of you share my appreciation for classic American Standards, I wanted to invite you all to listen to my latest song rendition of the Hoagy Carmichael classic: "I Get Along Without You Very Well". This was recorded live on my Tyros2 arranger keyboard:
File Type - MP3; File Size - 7.05Mb.

To listen, go to my website:

Scott Yee Entertainment

Then go to the 'Song DEMOS' page. "I Get Along Without You Very Well" is located in the 'Classic Ballads' section. To play: click on "DSL-Cable", immediately following the song title. Unfortunately, due to the large file size (7.05Mb), a 56kbps dialup version isn't included.

- Scott Yee

#44754 - 12/07/05 10:45 AM Re: Checkout my Arranger KB produced Song: " I Get Along Without You Very Well"
ochre aka ogre Offline

Loc: UK
Hi Scott Yee,
That was nice... first time I've heard you sing and must say I like what you do. And the Tyros didn;t sound too bad either
I can listen to this again, anbd again...
Thank you,

Peter

#44755 - 12/07/05 11:19 AM Re: Checkout my Arranger KB produced Song: " I Get Along Without You Very Well"
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Dear Scott!

One of my all-time favorite songs, and you do such a great job! Thank you for sharing. In reference to the song title, I don't think I could get along without the wonderful contributions from all the folks who send things to the SynthZone. And this one from you is very special. Like Peter above, I will listen to this over and over. Thanks much for your great contributions!

Ted Rose

P.S. Just a technical question: what keyboard are you using and what microphone for recording? I'd love to be able to do this with my Technics 7000. Thanks.

TER

#44756 - 12/08/05 07:11 AM Re: Checkout my Arranger KB produced Song: " I Get Along Without You Very Well"
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
SCOTT.... Thanks for sharing your wonderful talent!

ELIZABETH

#44757 - 12/08/05 09:47 AM Re: Checkout my Arranger KB produced Song: " I Get Along Without You Very Well"
Scottyee Offline

Peter, Ted (Ter?), and Elizabeth:

Many thanks for listening, and for taking the time to respond with your comments.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ted Rose:
what keyboard are you using and what microphone for recording? I'd love to be able to do this with my Technics 7000.

I performed and recorded this tune ENTIRELY on my Yamaha Tyros2 keyboard, utilizing a Sennheiser e935 cardioid microphone, which was plugged directly into the keyboard's 1/4" mic input, playing & singing live in auto-accomp arranger mode. You can (of course ) record the same way on your Technics KN7000. I look forward to hearing a keyboard w/vocals song from you now, utilizing your Technics KN7000. - Scott

btw: I've since updated my website, changing my demo songs from: .mp3 format to .wma (windows media audio) file format, as I believe .wma files yield better quality sounding 'compressed audio' results than mp3.

Scott

#44758 - 12/08/05 11:14 AM Re: Checkout my Arranger KB produced Song: " I Get Along Without You Very Well"
shcox Offline

Loc: Leesburg, FL USA
Hi Scott,

The song sounds great. It's good to know your voice recovered after the jam. I've not heard you sing since then.

------------------
Heather- Leesburg, FL PR54

#44759 - 12/09/05 11:57 PM Re: Checkout my Arranger KB produced Song: " I Get Along Without You Very Well"
Peter Lowden Offline

Loc: England
Hi Scott,

Really enjoyed your latest demo! Loved the piano, was the piano one of the accompaniment parts of the style used?

Well done

Kind regards

Peter

#44760 - 12/10/05 11:45 AM Re: Checkout my Arranger KB produced Song: " I Get Along Without You Very Well"
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Lowden:
was the piano one of the accompaniment parts of the style used?
Peter

NO. Both vocals & piano were all played 'live' by me. - Scott

#44761 - 12/12/05 11:09 PM Re: Checkout my Arranger KB produced Song: " I Get Along Without You Very Well"
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Great performance vocally and on keyboard Scott. You sound very comfortable doing that. I had to listen to it a few times in a row. You really do the Tyros 2 justice. Thanks very much for that.

#44762 - 12/13/05 02:33 PM Re: Checkout my Arranger KB produced Song: " I Get Along Without You Very Well"
Bazz Woods Offline

Loc: British Isles
Scott,
Nice performance,but sorry
I dont hear any better sounds than technics.
In fact the styles sounded very contrived

Only my opinion.

Cheers Barry

#44763 - 12/17/05 12:34 PM Re: Checkout my Arranger KB produced Song: " I Get Along Without You Very Well"
Scottyee Offline

Nigel & Barry. Thanks for the listen and replies. Barry, It's was not my interest to compare the Tyros2 to the KN7000. Both instruments sound terrific (imho), but each with uniquely different strengths and weaknesses . I only wanted to share my music for 'music' sake alone, irregardless of instrument utilized. Interesting to you hear you say that the style I used sounds 'contrived'. Can you please be more specific?

Scott

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online