SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#44821 - 05/14/02 12:54 PM Two high tech questions
ogre Offline

Loc: UK
No 1 is :-
The Sound Arranger provides a quick and easy method of changing preset style sounds. Is there an equally quick etc way of changing sounds on styles loaded from floppies?

No 2 - Bout six weeks ago I downloaded some music from Winmx and have from time to time listened and no problems. I clicked on to my downloads today with the intention of copying them on to cassette and lo and behold they'd been wiped clean. Now, I understand that nothing ever is really wiped off the hard disk, so, is there way I can recover these?

Peter

#44822 - 05/14/02 01:09 PM Re: Two high tech questions
Sparky Offline

Loc: lewiston maine usa
I can't really help you, But I'm sure that someone here can. For then to help you, they will need additional information though. So lets get that part out of the way. First, what do you have for a keyboard model? And second, Are you talking about recovering songs from your computer hard drive or you keyboard hard drive? Answer these questions and you will be that much further along. Then when someone reads your forum they will have the info they need and not have to ask you which will save time.
Sorry this was all I could do to help. I am a brand new owner of a kn6500 myself.
Tony

#44823 - 05/14/02 01:29 PM Re: Two high tech questions
ogre Offline

Thanks Tony.

I have a kn6000 upgraded to 6500.

The songs are (or were) on my computer hard drive and I think the downloads from Winmix are in MP3 format - I'm no expert on pc's!

Peter

#44824 - 05/14/02 05:01 PM Re: Two high tech questions
technicsplayer Offline

all sounds can be changed in the composer, just go to the pattern, select a track and change the sound by selecting it, then exit out.

there are various programs to recover deleted files, assuming they are not simply in the recycle bin. However if you use the computer you risk overwriting the deleted files since they have been marked as free space, and windows may use that space as swap file area and other functions, in that case the data will be lost and corrupted. Therefore you must run a file recovery program as soon as possible to stand a chance of success.

#44825 - 05/15/02 12:47 PM Re: Two high tech questions
ogre Offline

Many thanks Alec. With regard to the recovery part, it will be simpler for me to go back to Winmx and download again and copy it on to cassette immediately.

Peter

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online