SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#459510 - 10/11/18 10:20 PM Re: PA1000 song by me [Re: Dnj]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Don,
The backing sounds a bit quiet, mainly hear the voice and the guitar part, but I’m only listening on an iPad.
Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#459514 - 10/12/18 03:45 AM Re: PA1000 song by me [Re: DonM]
MusicalMemories Offline

Loc: Arbroath,Angus,Scotland
The thing I find with Korgs is there is a lot of tweaking of sounds, styles and volume levels to be done. It's a case of go away and do your homework rather than open and play out of the box. For the Pa1000 and Pa700 owners what eq settings are you using this can make a difference to the overall sound.

#459515 - 10/12/18 03:52 AM Re: PA1000 song by me [Re: DonM]
MusicalMemories Offline

Loc: Arbroath,Angus,Scotland
What Korg styles do you thing works well with what songs ?

#459523 - 10/12/18 06:33 AM Re: PA1000 song by me [Re: MusicalMemories]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By MusicalMemories
The thing I find with Korgs is there is a lot of tweaking of sounds, styles and volume levels to be done. It's a case of go away and do your homework rather than open and play out of the box.

As it should be the case with any arranger keyboard who would ever want to sound like the factory wants you to? eek2
Do your homework make it your own sound every song!!

keys

#459526 - 10/12/18 06:45 AM Re: PA1000 song by me [Re: Dnj]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Nice jazzy version. Don, you do such a nice job with fills.

Re: buying another 4X, personally I would hold off. I’m thinking the 5X isn’t that far off.

#459528 - 10/12/18 07:09 AM Re: PA1000 song by me [Re: Fran Carango]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By Fran Carango
Dave didn't have it cooking in my opinion.. smile

That's cuz Dave didn't do a thing to it! LOL

There was no love at first sight for me. I wanted to get excited, but the only thing that grabbed my attention was the screen. Truth is, if I never had a PA900, I wouldn't have bought it at all. I expected a 900 on steroids, but it was a whole new entity. It just shares the case. It's a new instrument.
Don't get me wrong - it's a fine keyboard, with great features. It just didn't "do it" for me.
My needs are changing, and as such, my gear has to, as well.

I'm doing more live guitar, banjo, and uke than ever, with plans to reintroduce sax, clarinet, and flute, soo ... the keyboard is more like a command central. A place to control all my media, harmonies, and mix. It used to be so easy, back in the days of using a Rhodes with a Moog bass on top, synth du-jour, and a simple drum machine. My new setup sounds much better, travels lighter, and takes up less space than I ever imagined, but there is a gradual "disconnect" with the actual music making process as I add more automation.

#459531 - 10/12/18 08:31 AM Re: PA1000 song by me [Re: Uncle Dave]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
My new setup sounds much better, travels lighter, and takes up less space than I ever imagined, but there is a gradual "disconnect" with the actual music making process as I add more automation.

Dave, just curious; as a trained (and talented) musician, how do feel about that?

Sometimes I think we just THINK that we sound better now than say, 20 years ago, but do we, really? Sure, the keyboards reproduce more authentic acoustic sounds and the PA systems are cleaner and reproduce more faithfully, but what about THE FEEL? I just seem to remember the 'highs' we got playing our music back in the day, the magic, the exhilaration, the energy that went into our performances; it just all seems to have been dampened by 'automation'. Is that the reason more and more people like you (and several others here) appear to be migrating back to acoustic instruments, especially in the home when you're just playing for the pleasure of it. Like I said, just curious.

chas

#459532 - 10/12/18 08:44 AM Re: PA1000 song by me [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Agreed Chas.... It's not the same anymore like years ago but who's to blame really?

#459535 - 10/12/18 09:06 AM Re: PA1000 song by me [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Trust me, I edited the sound a lot. Saved several User setups. I think the problem is I did it on headphones, then had to take it to the job and it sounded different.
I appreciate all the suggestions, but I'm sure I will work it out.

#459537 - 10/12/18 09:15 AM Re: PA1000 song by me [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
but who's to blame really?

I think WE are Donny, because we've allowed ourselves to become a culture of 'instant gratification', 'quick fixes', 'throw-away consumerism', 'A-I', 'Smart??phones', 'text vs talk mentality', etc., etc. Our cars stay in the lane by themselves and stop when we're about to hit something, so we really don't need to be as alert as we used to be -What!!!!!!?

Bottom line is, we no longer have to learn how to do things, we just need to learn how to push the button on the thing that ACTUALLY does the task. So "who's to blame really?", WE ARE! Finally we have conceded that (musically anyway) 'the end justifies the means'.

chas

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online