SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#46617 - 11/16/04 08:37 AM Re: KN7000 Equalizer Settings
vitesse Offline

Loc: Warwickshire, UK
Thanks for that. I am hopeing to try the two keyboards "side-by-side" tomorrow.

#46618 - 11/17/04 09:16 AM Re: KN7000 Equalizer Settings
vitesse Offline

Just to let you know - I played both keyboards today and thought that although the Yam PSR3000 is a nice instrument it sounds a little flat. Tried them both through headphones and speakers - the Technics just came accross as a much richer sound. The styles are well put together and it's nice to see Favorates etc still there (had to look hard at first to find them). I tried my SD card out of my Ipaq but it didn't find any files. Able to look at the "browser" though and it looks okay.

The screen is way better than the Yam and the build quality far superior. Yamaha still make keyboards that cost £1000 but look like their £100 siblings.

All in all I agree with you the Technics is the superior keyboard and the one for me.

Thanks for all your info. It made me get out and do a comparison rather than just going by the glossy sales blurb.

Ta

#46619 - 11/17/04 10:58 AM Re: KN7000 Equalizer Settings
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
After spending a good amount of time with the Kn7000 and the Tyros and the PSR2100, I came to my conclusion.

If you are looking for a fantastic instrument --- great sounds, fantastic sequencer, -- just an over all good quality sound, it's the KN7000.

Now Yamaha approaches keyboard playing from a different direction. If you are looking for
1-Ease of handling Midi files.
2-A good vocalizer.
3-A goos music finder.
4-a good EQ for your vocals.
5-A good EQ for the keyboard.
6-Good drums and basses for dancers.
Then it's Yamaha.

My KN700 set up'
1-Mic wire into external vocalizer.
2-Wire from vocalizer to mixer.
3-Midi wire from keyboard to Volcalizer.
4-Keyboard wire to mixer.
5-mixer wires to powerd speakers.

The Yamaha set up;
1-Mic wire to keyboard.
2-keyboard wire into powerd speakers.

So one has the best sounds and construction and sequencer, and the other less outside equipment, less wires = less possible conecting problems, less to carry, is an all-in-one unit, and has a great bottm (drums and basses)for dancers.

I do manage with my KN7000, I love it -- but there is so much more involved before I can do a performance. When I am at home I have no desire to play the Yamaha. I am considering a Yamaha PSR3000 for my smaller jobs, and my Sr. jobs.

After deciding how you want to use the instrument, the decision is not a hard one.

Hope this helps, John C.

PS, I know I have left many features of both keyboards, I just wanted give an overview.

#46620 - 11/17/04 01:04 PM Re: KN7000 Equalizer Settings
vitesse Offline

Thanks for that.

Fortunatly (for everyone) I don't sing so I have only connected a mic to my KN6500 once and that was just to see what happens. It's not something I would repeat !!

Basically I just want a keyboard to play. Not sequence - but play. The Technics seems to be more player friendly. Even the guy in the shop took longer to set up the PSR3000 that I did on the KN7000 and the layout is quite different from my old KN6.5K.

I suppose its horses for courses. I have found what I am looking for and hopefully we will be very happy together for a few years.

(Then where do I go ? No new Technics !! :-(( )

#46621 - 11/17/04 05:40 PM Re: KN7000 Equalizer Settings
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
If you are looking to sequence songs, then the KN7000 is a far better keyboard. I also think the 7000 has the best Organ sounds of any keyboard that I have heard.

However, if you are into singing, forget about a Technics Keyboard. The built in harmonizer is well, let's just say 'weak".
Yamaha PSR's have amazing built in harmonizers that even make me sound decent.

Keep in mind, when you Quick Record on a Yamaha, the saved song is a midi file that can be played on almost all keyboards. If you want to make a similar midi file on the KN7000, you need to be prepared to do a lot of work. However if you Easy Record on the KN7000, it automatically saves it as a Technics File, and these files will only play on a 7000, or the 2600, or 2400.

Even though I don't own a PSR3000, I have played one, and own a PSR740. Dollar for Dollar, or Euro for Euro, the PSR3000 would be, in my opinion the better buy. If money is not a problem, I would pick the KN7000, that is, if you could find one.

Yamaha is going nowhere, and will be there for support and repairs, while who knows how long Technics will be there for similar services.

What would I prefer? How about a KN2600 and a PSR3000. This way, you have a nice compromise, and you may even have both for the price of one KN7000.

Just my 2 cent opinion.

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#46622 - 11/18/04 01:47 AM Re: KN7000 Equalizer Settings
Walter McLaren Offline

Loc: Borders. Scotland
Good thinking, never thought of that!!! Walter.

#46623 - 11/22/04 11:46 AM Re: KN7000 Equalizer Settings
vitesse Offline

Well I have paid my money and bought.........you guessed a KN7000. Google did it again. Serched for a KN7000 and found one in a Free Ad's paper. Bought 18mnth ago but she had a 2 year old son and said she had only played it 3 times ! 75miles away but worth a look.
Not dissapointed. Keyboard was mint and everything else was still shrink-wrapped. She was moving house and so needed to sell quickley. Paid half the RRP and after 2 days - over the moon.

Fantastic sound !! Just love those organ sounds ( and styles ) Solo Jazz Organ is pure Jimmy Smith. I have downloaded all my old favorate styles from the KN3000 & 6000 and the SD card is magic. No more floppies.

Thanks for all your comments - I am more than happy with my choice.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online