SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#469233 - 04/27/19 03:11 PM Playing Keyboard in Nursing Homes
MusicalMemories Offline

Loc: Arbroath,Angus,Scotland
As members here are located in different parts of the Globe, I was wondering how easy you find it to get bookings.

Where I am in the UK it's increasingly difficult to get bookings.

#469237 - 04/27/19 04:56 PM Re: Playing Keyboard in Nursing Homes [Re: MusicalMemories]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
The UK has always had this problem, mainly because there are so many retired individuals that will perform for free. We had the same problem here in the US as well way back when, but when the ADs discovered the difference in talent and entertainment, they decided to go to the guys and gals that did this for a living. By and large, we were retained by residents who sat on committees that made the decision. Eventually, the freebees went by the wayside.

The secret to success is to go out and sell yourself, and do it for a reasonable price.

Good luck,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#469248 - 04/28/19 07:08 AM Re: Playing Keyboard in Nursing Homes [Re: MusicalMemories]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I’d say the senior faculties here in US are much easier to get booking at then public venues like bars and restaurants. The public venues want to see that you bring a crowd, which is difficult. Everyone I know are spread out all over this massive metroplex, have vert busy lives, jobs, families.... Almost impossible to get anyone to go out on a week night!

I’ve listened to your music and I am impressed. Just try to do vocals too and you’ll be set!

Good luck!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online