SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#47194 - 06/14/05 11:52 AM problem with SD card
Carolyn Offline

Loc: Theodore, Al, USA
I am using a 128MB SD card. This card has worked until today. The folder names & the song names are not there. This is what I see rolder name: 61; song name 06:061KN7. The settings seem to load O, & I can identify by the number, but the names are gone. I did save SD card settings to my computer a long time ago.

Does anyone know why this might have happened?

Thanks, Carolyn, from Mobile, Ala.

#47195 - 06/14/05 12:55 PM Re: problem with SD card
Anonymous
Unregistered

Carolyn,

You did the right thing in saving a backup to your computer. With the price of SD's being so cheap, I now keep a backup SD. My hard drive crashed a month ago and I lost all data :MAD: but I still had the backup SD.

A friend of mine had the same thing happen. He removed the card while it was active (light on).

cheers,

Fran in Florida

PS...Keep your eyes on the Forum as there will be another Florida Jam in the near future. Particulars will be posted soon. Short drive from Bama.

#47196 - 06/14/05 01:55 PM Re: problem with SD card
Carolyn Offline

Loc: Theodore, Al, USA
Thanks, Fran for your response. A Florida jam would be fun. Sorry that I missed this last one. I did save SD info computer, however, I have added much since that "save". All of my music has the SD number written on it, & the settings seem to be on the card, so I am very fortunate that I can locate the settings for my songs. I can go through my music & name the songs, & this time I will be more deligent about saving.

#47197 - 06/14/05 02:43 PM Re: problem with SD card
fmlk4u Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Hi,

So sad to hear about another Florida Jam (LOL). Why not Amsterdam jam, which also rhymes better.

Regarding the SD Card problem: the problem shows exactly the behaviour of our tool: that is why the KN-SDExplorer tool closes when you take the card out. But always be careful and sure that no backup/restore of copy/move action is going on. The same holds for USB Sticks.

Then something else: tonight I talked to a friend in Brazil from Netherlands... for FREE: http://www.skype.com

Regards, Fred http://vision-4-life.net

P.S. Now some music is downloadable from my personal site.

#47198 - 06/15/05 06:52 AM Re: problem with SD card
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Re: Amsterdam Jam - you only have to organise one Fred and and we'd be there...
Rog

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online