SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 12 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12 >
Topic Options
#472264 - 07/03/19 02:43 PM Re: Nothing wrong with Arranger keyboards.... [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
smile smile smile It's been fun.

chas

#472266 - 07/03/19 02:47 PM Re: Nothing wrong with Arranger keyboards.... [Re: cgiles]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Just a side note... smile

Just within my friends here are some Pro players that chose and use "arranger" keyboards..

Don Mason
Donny Pesce
Dave Boyd
Jerry Treoce
Harve Mann
Joe Flanagan
Paul Kasper
Kristin Coryell

There are many more.. Sure we use the arranger keyboard in different ways, but we use it as our preference.

There are so many Professional players I know that are clueless about arrangers.

Several of these folks are the best at what they do.

#472269 - 07/03/19 03:49 PM Re: Nothing wrong with Arranger keyboards.... [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

Thanx Fran I am honored to be mentioned on that list among such talented professionals who I admire & respect...
and I would also without a doubt add your name
to the top of the list as a true friend and mentor..

#472270 - 07/03/19 04:10 PM Re: Nothing wrong with Arranger keyboards.... [Re: Dnj]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
If Arranger keyboards are not for professional musicians...I guess Keith Jarrett is not a professional musician. If I’m not mistaken...he bought this Tyros 4!

Attachments
74A00E22-B385-4149-BBBD-E1D51F90CCAD.png

Edited by jingleman (07/03/19 04:13 PM)

#472271 - 07/03/19 04:14 PM Re: Nothing wrong with Arranger keyboards.... [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

Fran, we already omitted OMB's, home users, and songwriters using them as sketchpads, from the population of pro users, so could you redo your list. If everybody wasn't so hell-bent to defend something that's not even under attack, we could have had a much more meaningful and productive conversation. There is one thing that is for sure about old men; once they settle on a mindset, no matter how irrelevant or unrelated, that's IT. Any effort to get them back on track is doomed to failure. Oh well, luckily no one takes old men seriously anyway smile.

chas

#472272 - 07/03/19 04:21 PM Re: Nothing wrong with Arranger keyboards.... [Re: jingleman]
cgiles Offline

Originally Posted By jingleman
If Arranger keyboards are not for professional musicians...I guess Keith Jarrett is not a professional musician. If I’m not mistaken...he bought this Tyros 4!

Keith is a known nutcase. The proof is that he chose a Yamaha over a Korg.

smile

chas

PS: I don't think Keith Jarrett is representative of the average pro musician.

#472273 - 07/03/19 04:32 PM Re: Nothing wrong with Arranger keyboards.... [Re: cgiles]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
There are several connotations related to the term "Professional".
It may be used when referring to someone who does a certain job for money.
It may be used when referring to someone who has a job with which having a college degree or higher is the norm, such as doctors, lawyers, accountants, people who were suits, etc.
And it may be used when referring to someone who has attained a very high level of expertise in a certain discipline.
Or, evidently, it may be used when telling someone they can't be a professional because that person uses a certain type of equipment. This perception may or may not be caused by some degree of ignorance of the aforementioned equipment, or the use of it.
I'm a professional entertainer who uses arranger equipment. I'm not sorry if I don't fit certain criteria but, I do make money doing it, I do have a couple of college degrees, I often wear a suit, and have attained a fairly high level of expertise in my chosen discipline.
But still, many people who play guitar and/or sing, and play a little on weekends when they are off from their "real" jobs, find it necessary to criticize my choice of gear. Go figure.
And as Forest Gump said, "That's all I'm gonna say about THAT". smile

#472274 - 07/03/19 04:37 PM Re: Nothing wrong with Arranger keyboards.... [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Anyone can talk...
But Again and again let's hear what you got...
Is always the Bottom line... Plain and simple.

Edited by Dnj (07/03/19 05:31 PM)

#472275 - 07/03/19 04:58 PM Re: Nothing wrong with Arranger keyboards.... [Re: cgiles]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Just got home from the boat (sailing yacht), went through the thread again, then poured some Jim Bean Honey Bourbon in a 12-ounce glass filled with ice cubes. Then I went back to listen to Marco again, noted all those automatic things he relied heavily upon, break buttons, variations, multi-pads, automatic, exact tempo and neat, synthetic instruments. Great things that are primarily on an Arranger Keyboard. Granted, he a very accomplished player, which I never claimed to be - Hell, I'm just a hack entertainer that made hundreds of dollars while playing an arranger keyboard and singing in front of audiences up and down the East Coast. That's what allowed me to retire, buy a sailing yacht, and sit here and drink bourbon. wink Guess I must be in the pro category as well, but didn't make Fran's list, but that's OK, too. smile

Bottom's Up!

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#472278 - 07/03/19 06:18 PM Re: Nothing wrong with Arranger keyboards.... [Re: travlin'easy]
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Gary, don’t feel bad, I did not make the list either. My keyboard helped to support four children, a wife, bought a house in Florida, and I am retired with enough dollars to support me worry free.

aaaaaaaah, I just had to write that, it makes me fell good. Fran is high on my list, he’s OK.
Life is good, John C.

Page 6 of 12 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online