SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#47785 - 11/30/05 12:54 AM Technical question concerning APC
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi,
when I play 'live' I sometimes choose to set the APC-modes all [OFF]. Especially the Memory.
In this setting the rhythm stops (and start again) when lifting up or playing the chords with the left hand.
No problem with that, but.. when I recording a song with such setting, the rhythm goes continuous further, instead of 'stop and go'??? (hmmm, kind of steal advertising for a petrol brand )
I wonder why? Hope I am clear? Which technical brain could advise me, how I should handle that?
TIA,
Cees

#47786 - 11/30/05 05:36 AM Re: Technical question concerning APC
technicsplayer Offline

once the sequencer has started it needs a stop command and simply lifting left hand from the keys does not do that, you have to press stop, then start again for further accomp+drums playback. Obviously you can step edit after the recording, putting the stop and start commands at the correct places. Without editing I can think of several methods; maybe the simplest would be to just have a footswitch set to start/stop.

#47787 - 11/30/05 08:34 AM Re: Technical question concerning APC
cees Offline

Thanks Alex for the quick reply: for sure you have the technics brains . I hoped for something easier, like just a secret setting, but I have to deal with it. Your suggestion about the footpedal looks the most effective to me. I have one. Now I have to play with right and left hand and foot Hope those parts of the body do what I want they do and also on the right moment
Greetings,
Cees

#47788 - 11/30/05 10:05 AM Re: Technical question concerning APC
technicsplayer Offline

you're welcome
one footswitch would require some co-ordination of hand and foot. With two footswitches, one could be used to stop the rhythm when you lift the left hand, which is relatively easy to achieve cleanly. The other could be set to a panel memory with synchro start enabled, then this panel memory could be enabled just before the left hand chord with the start of rhythm playback again, that requires little co-ordination for a clean rhythm start.

#47789 - 11/30/05 10:30 AM Re: Technical question concerning APC
cees Offline

Ok Alec, I even have two footswitches. I hope your third suggestion will not recommend to have 3 footswitches, as I have a maximum of two feet .
Just kiddin'.
I will give it a try to experiment with your suggestions. Afterthat I will 'report' if it works (for me )
Thanks again,
Cees

#47790 - 11/30/05 11:43 AM Re: Technical question concerning APC
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
[QUOTE]Originally posted by cees:
[B]Ok Alec, I even have two footswitches. I hope your third suggestion will not recommend to have 3 footswitches, as I have a maximum of two feet .
Just kiddin'.
I will give it a try to experiment with your suggestions. Afterthat I will 'report' if it works (for me )
Thanks again,Cees

Somethings have to be said, Everytime I read one of Cee's post I have to smile --- He's one gentle guy. A gentlemen.

John C.

#47791 - 11/30/05 04:02 PM Re: Technical question concerning APC
cees Offline

Uh, thanks John. I appreciate. Don't make me blush I feel myself in good company for luckily we have many gentle(wo)man on board here.
Cees

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online