SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#47792 - 10/10/02 07:53 PM Once you copy info on the sd card
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
What are most KN7000 users saving to the sd card ? midis , registrations , style etc...?

Is everyone transferring from the computer to the SD card via USB ?

can you copy info onto a SD card without using a computer ?

Just help me out a little . I am trying to catch up . dano

#47793 - 10/11/02 05:01 AM Re: Once you copy info on the sd card
kozykeys Offline

Loc: york england
hi danno
you can copy from floppy onto sd
1 put floppy in

2 press sd button
3 press sd tools
4 press copy from disk .

this should load all the files on the floppy to the sd card, up to 20 i think

good luck
jan

[This message has been edited by kozykeys (edited 10-11-2002).]

[This message has been edited by kozykeys (edited 10-11-2002).]

#47794 - 10/11/02 06:04 AM Re: Once you copy info on the sd card
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
Hi Dan,

"What are most KN7000 users saving to the sd card ? midis , registrations , style etc...?"

I'm copying song setups with panel memories, sound edits, and styles for songs. I don't play with midi's.

I've noticed that where KN5000 sequences have used Technichord the chord stuff is not there and you just get a solo part without technichord. So, something has changed with the KN7000 in that regard.

"Is everyone transferring from the computer to the SD card via USB ? "

I think everyone but me. . . . I can't get the Song Manager to work with my KN5000 hard disk backup. I would if I could.

"can you copy info onto a SD card without using a computer ?"

Yes, if you copy from a floppy.

#47795 - 10/11/02 07:03 AM Re: Once you copy info on the sd card
larry gosmeyer Offline

Loc: La Verne, CA USA
Hi Bob,

Maybe your KN5000 copy problem with technichords is because of the way T.Chord info is handled. On the KN3000 tehnichord info is recorded with only one note on the channel and the software plays all the notes as the song is played. However on my KN6000 all tecnichord notes are recorded as the song is sequenced and thus all notes would be passed on to the SD card.

Regards,

Larry
larry.gosmeyer@verizon.net

#47796 - 10/11/02 08:42 AM Re: Once you copy info on the sd card
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
Hi Larry, That could very well be the case. And, if it is, the song I had on the 20 for 1 stuff (Stardust) must have sounded awful on the KN6000 because I had used Technichord almost extensively in that song. It's awful on the KN7000.

#47797 - 10/11/02 08:54 AM Re: Once you copy info on the sd card
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
To all of the above ideas I would like to add one that I find very useful. I have installed the Initial Data Disk onto the SD card. That way when I want to bring everything back to factory out of the box condition I can do it in a flash. No more hunting for that blankety blank Initial data disk. I know I put that darn thing in a safe place so I can find it when I need it. The problem is I can't remember where that was. One time I lost that little hunk of plastic for a little over three months when I had my 5000. Ruthie came across it when she cleaned out the drawer where she determined my underware should reside. Why I chose that as a safe place for my Initial Disk is beyond me. Evidentially my judgement of a safe place to put it, was flawed. Maybe I thought the drawer for my shorts were something I went into every day therefore it would be a constant reminder of where I stached my disk. Maybe the shorts drawer turned out to remind me I could be a little short in the brains department. Feel free to comment, I don't mind. In any avent I then loaded that crazy disk onto my harddisk in the five. I did the same in the sixty five and the first thing I did was load it onto the SD card in the seven.

Bob just my observation of the last line in your post. Quote: "If you copy from a floppy".

I think your a poet and don't know it. But very good ideas.

Grandpa Doug

#47798 - 10/11/02 09:29 AM Re: Once you copy info on the sd card
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Excellent feedback . Thank you . dano

#47799 - 10/11/02 12:59 PM Re: Once you copy info on the sd card
technicsplayer Offline

I'm playing along with mp3s on the card - real orchestras, and sequencing along with them.

#47800 - 10/11/02 01:45 PM Re: Once you copy info on the sd card
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
Alec, that sounds very interesting! It could be an unlimited source of backup rhythms, I suppose, but there are probably many other uses that will pop up. Certainly good practice for any keyboard player to play along with an orchestra. What a novel idea! Are you gonna let us in on the secret?

#47801 - 10/11/02 02:58 PM Re: Once you copy info on the sd card
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
I just use mine like I used the hard disk on my KN6000 - to store modified styles, sounds and some of my favourite styles from earlier KNs. I also store complete Panel/memory/etc setups for individual songs or tunes.
I'm not really interested in putting mp3 or midi files on the card. If I want to play along with an mp3 or other audio, I just play the mp3 file or CD on my laptop, connect up the USB link and Voila! .....
Just another approach but probably not very practical for gigging, due to extra 'gear'

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online