SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 9 10 >
Topic Options
#486087 - 01/07/20 02:14 PM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: rikkisbears]
Crossover Offline

Originally Posted By rikkisbears
Originally Posted By FransN
I think for those interested they already have a psr keyboard. If not why bother.

Hi Frans,
yes I suppose, but if it could be shown that it really makes and older psr sound like an sx or a Genos ? one could pick up a second hand psr cheap, plus the software.

Some people do like using software arrangers, personally nowadays, I really don’t think I could be bothered.

I don't think they provide completely new samples with the software, or do they? If not, an older arranger can never be made to sound like a Genos...

Edited by Crossover (01/07/20 02:14 PM)

#486147 - 01/07/20 08:28 PM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: groovyband.live]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Originally Posted By groovyband.live

Just to be sure: do you want to press the keys on the left of the split harder than normal in order to trigger a binding?

Yes! That's EXACTLY what I'm suggesting. Please fill to current variation when I do - I use this all the time on my Audya & it makes things much more live.

Thank you so much for this mod to an already super package - I have done many things with this package and have not found a single error to date. Also, your reasoning behind everything is superb and editing is extremely powerful yet user friendly.

Note: I am seriously into styles so I do not state this lightly - the quality of your supplied styles blows me away. Whoever created/modified these deserve some serious appreciation as they are extremely talented musicians!

I cannot imagine performing live again without GBL - it set a standard which simply cannot be maintained by other PSRs & I'm beginning to believe it even applies to the SX900 also as it does not have real Revo drums.

Kindest regards,

Henni

#486148 - 01/07/20 08:30 PM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Crossover]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Originally Posted By Crossover
I don't think they provide completely new samples with the software, or do they? If not, an older arranger can never be made to sound like a Genos...

My EARS tell me GBL came very close - I've now posted MANY demos of styles and live play everywhere and if these sound the same to you as any other PSR demos then this ad-on is definitely not for you.

#486177 - 01/08/20 06:45 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
To me its sound isnt as good as on the sx900 /Genos , its very dull , mono , not a replacement for a high end arranger in my opinion.

Impuls confused

#486178 - 01/08/20 06:52 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
So what is it using in the PSR...only the keybed and switches? I though it also used the PSR sounds, not its on SW sound module?

#486180 - 01/08/20 06:58 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
FransN Offline

It use the sound of the psr as far as I understand. Like impuls I am also not impressed with the demos of this software.

Edited by FransN (01/08/20 06:59 AM)

#486182 - 01/08/20 07:31 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
Dnj Offline

Reading these last 3 replies concerns my interest with this Groovyband program sound.
That is why I wanted to hear and see it in action on you tube, etc,..
Hope to hear more about it by other users, good luck.

#486188 - 01/08/20 07:44 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Impuls]
groovyband.live Offline

Originally Posted By Impuls
To me its sound isnt as good as on the sx900 /Genos , its very dull , mono , not a replacement for a high end arranger in my opinion.

Impuls confused

Could you please post some audio demos of styles played on your Genos. It has an internal wav recorder, so it is easy and painless. We will match them here below with some "corresponding" styles recordings from a PSR S770's sound engine driven with our GBL software. No playing abilities involved: just start the sequencer and push some variation/intro/ending/fill/break buttons. That's it.

Then everybody could directly make an A/B comparison and see all the difference (if any, how much, and in favor of what) a 4 k€ flagship keyboard brings to the table vs a 2 generations old mid tier arranger.

And decide if the money is well spent with the "latest and greatest" piece of hardware money can buy. With it, if you have pockets deep enough, for sure you will not go wrong. Maybe not the most effective way of spending money, maybe your audience will not notice you are a wealthy man. But, who knows.

Saying "this is better than that" without providing any evidence is not constructive at all. Especially if you listened from different speakers and/or try to recall from your memory an audition made in the past.

P.S.: GBL can drive, not only a PSR or Tyros, but also a Genos. Taking advantage of all the DSP power available (even beyond what is possible with the stock firmware built-in).
And in that case, with exactly the same sound generator, but with grossly different features offered by the style playing engines, no doubts who will win. Hands down.

#486190 - 01/08/20 07:53 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: FransN]
groovyband.live Offline

Originally Posted By FransN
It use the sound of the psr as far as I understand. Like impuls I am also not impressed with the demos of this software.

The official demos of our product are those on our homepage (43 recordings from a stock PSR S770, set to sound at its best, using the preset styles as supplied in the demo). I am sure among them you will recognize many style names which are on offer also on your Genos among the presets Yamaha gave you.

Make a recording of some of them and post your results here. Then everybody can click "play" and make an objective comparison.

Edited by groovyband.live (01/08/20 08:05 AM)

#486194 - 01/08/20 08:34 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
FransN Offline

I don’t have a Genos but when I listening to YouTube videos of the Genos the Genos sound better to me then the demos of your software. But I am a korgie so don’t take my opinion too serious smile

Edited by FransN (01/08/20 08:35 AM)

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online