SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#48718 - 02/05/02 03:18 AM Re: Chit Chat Bigtime
peter castanos Offline

Loc: sydney australia
Hi Nigel & Alec
yes I understand the use of pseudonyms and agree that everyone is free to use one. I was however responding to a false accusations made by my old adversary Johnnie.
I have always used my own name or email address as my username. Johnnie is, unless I have totally misunderstood him, suggesting that I posted under a different name at technote to, for reasons best known to him, hide my true identity. I certainly have no reason to do that. My technote postings were made under my email address and were usually signed off as "peter".
Alec, I wasn't aware of the person posting under different names at the canada forum. Perhaps that was just before my time.
Unfortunately Johnnie has at least on one occasion posted under a false name (as opposed to a pseudonym) on the technote forum. I remember it well because it specifically related to me. I can't prove it of course as, unlike Johnnie, I don't save his postings on my hard drive to wave in his face, completely out of context, at a later date as he unfortunately has done to me.
Alec, I cannot concur with your description of Johnnie's style as "direct". Frankly, in my view he is just plain offensive and completely humourless and he would be well advised to leave his sometimes valid (but rarely original) criticisms to those with a more tactful style.
Now, if this forum thread continues any further we'll be guilty of the "sort of crap" Johnnie so eloquently referred to at the outset!
Peter

#48719 - 02/05/02 10:50 AM Re: Chit Chat Bigtime
ogre Offline

Loc: UK
Here's a couple of well worn cliches which I think apply here-

To each his own &

Live and let live.

nuff said.

Peter.

#48720 - 02/05/02 11:43 AM Re: Chit Chat Bigtime
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
[QUOTE]Originally posted by peter castanos:
[B]Hi Nigel & Alec
Johnnie is, unless I have totally misunderstood him, suggesting that I posted under a different name at technote to, for reasons best known to him, hide my true identity.
---------------------------------------------
Got it in one Peter with the operative word being misunderstood.
If you read my post again you will see that I said that you posted under a different name (which is a fact) .
At no time did I say you was hiding or using a pseudonym or have I ever thought so.
If you go back to the Technote forum you will see I am sure that under their new policy they now show yours & everybody else's full name & not the user name as before.
As for saving old posts you never know when you may need them for reference.

It is true there have been posts by the same person using different user names & email addresses in some instances the same person posts a question & then replies using two different user names.
Always is Always has been Johnnie

#48721 - 02/05/02 11:51 PM Re: Chit Chat Bigtime
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Gee, this thread on chit chat proved to be more lengthy and non-musical than the threads it was referring to.

I think that everyone has stated their positions whatever they may be and further discussion would be pointless. I will now pull my Administrator powers and close this thread now before it self destructs

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online