SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#48732 - 02/13/03 08:56 AM Re: Initialize disk for 7000
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Hey Forum Friends! It worked!!! I want to thank you all for your advice and suggestions. As a couple of you suggested, I tried turning off the keyboard and then pressing the first four upper buttons of the Rhythm Group and holding them while switching it on again and YAHOO! my original window page was back! Many, many thanks. A note to Pratzert: give it a try and let us know if it works for you, too!

Cheers to you all.

Ted

[This message has been edited by Ted Rose (edited 02-14-2003).]

#48733 - 02/13/03 11:40 AM Re: Initialize disk for 7000
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Ted
I didn't have the window problem and did not initialize, but, after playing the zip files,I couldn't get my rythm to play what I had selected and simply turned off the sequencer play button and it was fine. I guess you have to clear the sequencer.

It worked for me, anyway.

Bernie

Quote:
Originally posted by Ted Rose:

Thanks so much for all your replies; I knew I could depend on my Forum friends to come up with an explanation/solution. Haven't tried them yet but will later today.

In answer to BEBOP's question as to what made me use the disk in the first place: after enjoying several of the ZIP files that I had received, I wanted to return to my regular rhythm goups and registrations and play alone. But no matter what rhythm group button I pushed, I got no rhythm, other than a steady beat, or combination of sounds (registration), when I played the left hand. So, I wanted to "reset" the keyboard and start again, but, even after turning it off and on again, the same thing happened. Finally got it to work, though, after pushing heaven knows what buttons. Later, however, I listened to another ZIP file and, after I was done, the same thing happened again. So, it occurred to me perhaps I should "initialize" the keyboard. (I'm not too bright with these elctronic monsters and what they can and cannot do!

Anyway, I loaded the disk and, not being sure what the four files meant, I took a chance on loading the last one to see what would happen. That's when I got this new window--a variation of the one I was used to with all the tracks shown along the bottom and the other information above it. Now I get a similar window of information but always have a section in the lower right hand corner that gives me information I don't want! And I couldn't figure out how to get the original window back.

Anyway, thanks again for your help. I'll keep you informed.

Ted

#48734 - 02/14/03 05:52 AM Re: Initialize disk for 7000
pratzert Offline

Loc: Kingsville, Maryland. USA
Ted, Isn't it interesting that when you initialize using the internal keyboard setting that it is different than the "Factory" initialize disk?

Apparently, they could not make their mind wich settings to make the "Initial" settings. I have "Initialized" several times using the "Program" menu and it has never changed my Home page. But I am going to try your method tonight and see if the home page changes. By the way... Can you identify "which" hone page you started out with out of the box?

Thanks, Tim

#48735 - 02/14/03 06:36 AM Re: Initialize disk for 7000
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Ted, You can delete a mistaken 'Double Entry' by using the Edit function at the top of the message. Just click on the the Icon and choose delete - Only you, or the moderators can delete a message, which was posted by you. (Apologies if I'm telling you how to suck eggs )

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online