SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#48880 - 01/18/02 12:01 PM AN OPEN LETTER TO BEBOP
NSR Offline

Loc: Sonora, CA USA
Dear BEBOP,

I just received an email from you requesting me and all members of the forum to contact Alec to join the forum. By your earlier emails to all and to him, telling us of the new forum, Alec is quite aware of Synth Zone. Surely, you must realize that Alec has strong ties and loyalty to TECHNOTE, i.e., articles he has written and their recommending his "How to" book. To ask all members to write to him asking in essence to break his loyalty and "come over to the other side" is wrong. We all appreciate your time and energy in playing a major part of developing our new home, but you have stepped over the line on this matter. You have put him in a position that he is damned, if he does (by TECHNOTE) and damned if he doesn't, by the members of the new forum. You should have thought more clearly on this. It should be his decision ALONE to join and not be put on a spot as you have now done. If he really wants to join this forum, he will. Let HIM make his own decision. Let us not make it for him.

Scott

#48881 - 01/18/02 02:11 PM Re: AN OPEN LETTER TO BEBOP
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I agree that we should not bombard Alec with e-mail. Any decision should be his own. Many of us have come over to this site because technote would not allow us free expression (which is their right, it's their site), but moreso we moved because our pleas for response were being ignored.
I don't see why Alec, or anyone else, should have a problem if he wanted to respond to posts here. If I'm not mistaken, he has done that in the past. It was obvious that, at least initially, he was not 'in the loop' with what technote was doing, as he also had some questions. As for Alec 'being damned if he doesn't', I for one will never question whatever his decision might be. I think he has over extended himself too many times for too many of us. While this forum is more 'user friendly' there is nothing to prevent anyone from still posting technical questions at technote or anywhere else we may feel we have to go to get the response we need.
After all, musicians listen to other musicians, chefs eat in other chef's restaurants, and some of us have and will continue to use more than one forum.
I don't think it has to be an 'us or them' situation.
Let's trade our thoughts and our music, and get our technical questions answered wherever we need to, here, there, and everywhere. (was that a copywrite violation?!?)
t.

#48882 - 01/18/02 06:08 PM Re: AN OPEN LETTER TO BEBOP
NSR Offline

Loc: Sonora, CA USA
He may have posted on this site in the past but we are dealing with NOW. As things now stand, would he feel comfortable in doing so? As far as the "damned if you don't" - it isn't so much that we would necessarily "damn" him, it is what HE, in this situation, might think. One other thing I didn't mention was, the spamming, if you will, of all the uncalled for emails from all of us, if we responded. If it were me, it might inflate my ego for about 2 seconds and then I would be irritated by all the emails I would have to delete or feel obliged to answer.

Scott

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online