SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 13 of 14 < 1 2 11 12 13 14 >
Topic Options
#491567 - 03/14/20 08:14 PM Re: First 3 cancellations in one hour over Corona viru [Re: travlin'easy]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Gary,
Sadly here too.
Our prime minister here is being fully guided as to what to do by our chief medical officer , ( the guy in charge with the health of our nation) ,but , some of the press and the opposition party here seem to feel they know better than the professionals in charge, and stir the public into a panic.

Our opposition leader the other day , instead of attending a briefing to which he was invited, with experts on the current corona situation, decided it was more important to go to a function to meet players from his favourite football team and get some happy snaps , rather than get himself informed on what is going on with the corona virus.

Enough said.

Edited by rikkisbears (03/14/20 08:27 PM)

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#491569 - 03/14/20 08:22 PM Re: First 3 cancellations in one hour over Corona viru [Re: rikkisbears]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
This is a HEALTH crisis ... let's do what we can for those who may not be able to do for themselves, and leave politics and politicians out of it ... Lord knows THEY are not the ones who are going to resolve this crisis ...

And in the spirit of helping, I got a text message from our young neighbors, saying that if we needed anything to not hesitate to call them ...
I guess they realize I'm OLD !!! frown

#491570 - 03/14/20 08:26 PM Re: First 3 cancellations in one hour over Corona viru [Re: tony mads usa]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Originally Posted By tony mads usa

And in the spirit of helping, I got a text message from our young neighbors, saying that if we needed anything to not hesitate to call them ...(

Wow, that is really nice to have such great neighbors.
(I deleted that last sentence, not true.)

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#491571 - 03/14/20 08:30 PM Re: First 3 cancellations in one hour over Corona viru [Re: rikkisbears]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By rikkisbears
Originally Posted By tony mads usa

And in the spirit of helping, I got a text message from our young neighbors, saying that if we needed anything to not hesitate to call them ...(

Wow, that is really nice to have such great neighbors.
(I deleted that last sentence, not true.)

You're too cute, Rikki ... thank you ...

#491591 - 03/15/20 06:38 AM Re: First 3 cancellations in one hour over Corona viru [Re: Scott Langholff]
Crossover Offline

German researchers in Tübingen are working on a vaccine. Their work is so promising that Trump is now trying to buy them over to the US and then license the future vaccine for the US exclusively. This egomaniac knows how to display selfishness among nations during a pandemic.

I think I can predict how this will turn out: in the end Trump will say: „I saved the world from Corona.“

I can only provide German-language sources:
https://www.tagesschau.de/inland/corona-impfstoff-deutschland-usa-101.html

Edited by Crossover (03/15/20 07:25 AM)

#491602 - 03/15/20 08:14 AM Re: First 3 cancellations in one hour over Corona viru [Re: Crossover]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Originally Posted By Crossover
German researchers in Tübingen are working on a vaccine. Their work is so promising that Trump is now trying to buy them over to the US and then license the future vaccine for the US exclusively. This egomaniac knows how to display selfishness among nations during a pandemic.

I think I can predict how this will turn out: in the end Trump will say: „I saved the world from Corona.“

The article states "the paper quotes an anonymous source."

Don't believe it.

Jerryghr

Edited by Jerryghr (03/15/20 08:21 AM)

#491607 - 03/15/20 08:25 AM Re: First 3 cancellations in one hour over Corona viru [Re: Jerryghr]
Crossover Offline

Originally Posted By Jerryghr

The article states "the paper quotes an anonymous source."

Don't believe it.

Jerryghr

It’s very reliable. Several reliable media are reporting the same. Tagesschau is like NPR in the US. It is the top news broadcast in Germany, broadcast by the largest public-funded TV/radio network in Germany, and the most untypical medium imaginable for fake news. (Only the far-right hate it because this network tends to be politically correct).

Edited by Crossover (03/15/20 08:34 AM)

#491610 - 03/15/20 08:46 AM Re: First 3 cancellations in one hour over Corona viru [Re: Scott Langholff]
W Tracy Parnell Online   content

Loc: NY
I agree with Gary, this is a major overreaction. We have had outbreaks in the past and have never canceled all the professional sports and everything else that is going on. The only thing the Masters was canceled for previously was WWII and this is not in that league. There are a few reasons for this overreaction. One is the young people have grown up in a world where all they have heard is "safety is the most important thing." So this overreaction seems normal to them and the "politically correct" thing to do.

But what this is really about is this: companies don't want to be sued and politicians don't want to be blamed. Take common sense measures but no need to make people so afraid that they buy all the toilet paper. We just had 2 deaths in NY and guess who it was? Two old people who had underlying conditions. The media in the US needs to be reformed. They are self-serving beasts who are just interested in ratings and promoting their own agendas. But it won't happen until people wake up and boycott not only them but the networks they work for and all their favorite shows. (rant off)

#491617 - 03/15/20 10:09 AM Re: First 3 cancellations in one hour over Corona viru [Re: Scott Langholff]
Crossover Offline

I think in this case we needn‘t argue but just wait for nature to give the answer...

#491620 - 03/15/20 10:28 AM Re: First 3 cancellations in one hour over Corona viru [Re: Crossover]
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
I think in this case we needn‘t argue but just wait for nature to give the answer...

Hey...There's an idea. clap clap clap

Page 13 of 14 < 1 2 11 12 13 14 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online