SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#50058 - 01/14/04 02:28 AM Technics Shutdown ?
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
I've just read a news article which reports that Technics are not actually shutting down until March 2005 ???? http://www.organfax.co.uk/news.html

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#50059 - 01/14/04 03:21 AM Re: Technics Shutdown ?
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Interesting reading, but this will probably only
to get rid of any instrument still in stock?
No further developement I guess....
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#50060 - 01/14/04 04:45 AM Re: Technics Shutdown ?
technicsplayer Offline

These magazines haven’t a clue what's going on, Willum. There is zero central stock of main models in the UK now. Dealers have a chance of ordering new stock for the next few weeks only. These orders will take months to appear. Depending on the orders placed now, production will continue to a cut-off of March 2005 only if orders justify it. Orders can only be placed at full trade, there are no discounts. Naturally worldwide stock situations will differ and will take differing lengths of time to run down - some dealers claim not to have even heard the news yet!

#50061 - 01/14/04 05:46 AM Re: Technics Shutdown ?
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Thanks for the clarification Alec

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#50062 - 01/14/04 12:56 PM Re: Technics Shutdown ?
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
My local dealer just got the news yesterday, which surprised him because he's selling quite a few units. So now he will order as many KN7K's and PR's as he can raise money for. I guess it's time for me to put in my order too, since waiting for an 8000 unit is no longer valid. If I had a spare floppy drive for my KN6K, I probably would stick with that alone, however it will now become my secondary unit. Since I don't want to give up music, I suppose I'll play my Technics units until they fall apart - or I do. Now it will be interesting to see if dealers buy a lot of keyboards, or dump the ones they have in stock.

#50063 - 01/14/04 02:46 PM Re: Technics Shutdown ?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
I'm hoping to maybe talk hubby ( wish me luck guys) into updating my pr602 piano to the newer model either pr604 or 804. I wouldn't want to bother with a second kn7 , but, since the piano's are so similar in many ways ( except for sd) to the kn7 , at least I'd always have a backup, should something go awry. Don't like my chances but
worth a try.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bud Whipple:
If I had a spare floppy drive for my KN6K, I probably would stick with that alone, however it will now become my secondary unit. Since I don't want to give up music, I suppose I'll play my Technics units until they fall apart - or I do.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#50064 - 01/14/04 04:19 PM Re: Technics Shutdown ?
aprilla Offline

Loc: Ireland
good luck!

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online