Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#509275 - 11/23/23 12:21 AM Ketron Event Style Demos
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa

#509276 - 11/23/23 07:18 AM Re: Ketron Event Style Demos [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

As soon as I have my Event I will demonstrate what can be achieved by combining BiaB with the Event during real play - I can hardly wait!!!

Off course those creations can never be offered for sale, but hell, what a perfect combination for real time performances!!!

#509279 - 11/23/23 03:15 PM Re: Ketron Event Style Demos [Re: Henni]
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
Hello!

I've been watching all those demos and have been very impressed with them. I never thought of using BIAB with the Event. Sounds intriguing. I look forward to hearing some. -charley

#509281 - 11/23/23 08:43 PM Re: Ketron Event Style Demos [Re: rattley]
Henni Offline

Hi Charley,

Just to clarify:

1. BiaB audio sections can be used to hugely enhance the already far superior Event styles for real time play.

2. Can be used as extra song specific tracks for live performances.

The solo BiaB sections are indeed awesome and although they cannot play accurately in real time, they can be pre-recorded for specific songs where they would play perfectly as intended. The Event was designed with this in mind and the two products would form a perfect combination.

I am sure that the above can even be extended, but I can only elaborate when I know the Event better.

Case in point:

Before BiaB

After BiaB

Original midi:

https://app.box.com/s/u23kqzvq6omgtmkqn9k21endt3tdhimw

Some examples: (I will put a lot more oomph in any new creations - BiaB sure has that built in by default!)

#509283 - 11/23/23 11:28 PM Re: Ketron Event Style Demos [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Now with "line in" sound:

#509287 - 11/24/23 01:00 PM Re: Ketron Event Style Demos [Re: Henni]
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
You've been busy. All these demos. My head is spinning. But in a good way!

I've only spent a few hours with my EventX. I've only yet touched the surface and the interface and workflow is new to me. I get more out of Youtube videos than the manual, at least when getting started. I like that on many of the Ketron videos the teacher talks about how important customizing the settings on the Event are. It seems not as "right out of he box" ready. An entirely different experience that makes me want to learn more.

You know, just because I've had and loved my Genos 1 for over 6 years I realize I don't really know it as much as I think I do. What I am picking up watching all these videos, is mostly basic stuff. I wonder how much basic stuff I put on hold learning Genos 1. Right out of the box it sounded great and I never went back to see anything else I might want to learn. I've been playing arranger keyboards the same way forever. They say practice makes perfect?? I should play like a prodigy!!! ARGHH!!! -charley

#509288 - 11/25/23 02:51 AM Re: Ketron Event Style Demos [Re: Henni]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi Charley
It is indeed a small world as I live right across the bridge from you. Your post is exactly the same thing I have experienced for the last 50 plus years, except different keyboards. I am fine until a new board comes out, then the old gear lust kicks in. I will be following your thoughts as you go along on your great adventure. Bernie

#509313 - 12/01/23 12:06 PM Re: Ketron Event Style Demos [Re: Bernie9]
Henni Offline

#509558 - 02/05/24 10:19 AM Re: Ketron Event Style Demos [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online