SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#509769 - 04/29/24 10:25 AM Help! BK7m data wheel problem
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Help! My BK-7m has gone unresponsive to its data wheel, and Roland no longer stock the replacement part. 😱 This basically makes the module dead, as you cannot select anything reliably on screen.

Has anyone had this issue and found a solution? I’m waiting on a service center to email me the service notes so I can see if there’s a potentiometer in the wheel assembly that might be externally sourced (like the BK9’s sliders can be even though Roland don’t sell the slider assembly) but if that proves fruitless, I may have to look at a replacement BK-7m.

So failing finding a way to repair, anyone got a BK7-m they want to sell? Even a non-working one that they know the data wheel works?

Help! 😢

#509770 - 04/29/24 10:27 AM Re: Help! BK7m data wheel problem [Re: Diki]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Try here

Bill

#509776 - 04/30/24 03:30 PM Re: Help! BK7m data wheel problem [Re: Diki]
Diki Offline

Awesome! They have the encoder in stock, so ordered two of them to future proof me.

I’ll update the thread once they arrive and I see if soldering it in is a job I want to tackle or hand off to a technician…

#509779 - 05/01/24 08:37 AM Re: Help! BK7m data wheel problem [Re: Diki]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
All you need is a PC Board Soldering Iron, which has a tiny tip. Nothing to it!

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#509781 - 05/01/24 09:03 AM Re: Help! BK7m data wheel problem [Re: Diki]
Diki Offline

Thing is, the board it is soldered to is DEFINITELY completely unavailable, so I’m going to be cautious about doing this myself, not having as good eyesight as I may have had 20 years ago! A few extra bucks to guarantee it gets done without incident seems prudent given the irreplaceable nature of the PCB…

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online