SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#51328 - 10/26/05 04:31 PM My New Tyros 2 is in the mail :)
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I just received word from Dan O'Neil, owner of Keyboard City in Baltimore Md. that my new Tyros 2 will be here in my recording studio next Tues or Wed. November first or second. I am getting excited about this now that it is on the way here.
This is my year to buy a new keyboard. I would be buying a new Technics if there was one as I still have 4 and have owned 4 others. However, because there are no more I spent the last few months researching those available and narrowed down to the Korg PA1X, Roland G 70 and Yamaha Tyros 2.
I already have one of each of the above named companies boards so no advantage to any of them in my decision. I decided on the merits of each unit and how it would work for me.
I have purchased the Tyros 2 from Dan O'Neil at Keyboard City in Baltimore and expect delivery in the very near future, as I was the first to order from him and will be shipped the first unit he receives.
I will be keeping one or two of the 4 technics keyboards.
This is/was a tought decision for me but at my age I have to keep moving as time waits for no one. I probably would have made a different decision if I was a lot younger.
Best to all in your difficult keyboard buying decisions.
Bebop

#51329 - 10/26/05 06:47 PM Re: My New Tyros 2 is in the mail :)
kn7 Offline

We all wish you well, Bebop but shouldn't this be posted on the Tyros 2 forum?

#51330 - 10/26/05 11:03 PM Re: My New Tyros 2 is in the mail :)
Peter Lowden Offline

Loc: England
Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
I just received word from Dan O'Neil, owner of Keyboard City in Baltimore Md. that my new Tyros 2 will be here in my recording studio next Tues or Wed. November first or second. I am getting excited about this now that it is on the way here.
This is my year to buy a new keyboard. I would be buying a new Technics if there was one as I still have 4 and have owned 4 others. However, because there are no more I spent the last few months researching those available and narrowed down to the Korg PA1X, Roland G 70 and Yamaha Tyros 2.
I already have one of each of the above named companies boards so no advantage to any of them in my decision. I decided on the merits of each unit and how it would work for me.
I have purchased the Tyros 2 from Dan O'Neil at Keyboard City in Baltimore and expect delivery in the very near future, as I was the first to order from him and will be shipped the first unit he receives.
I will be keeping one or two of the 4 technics keyboards.
This is/was a tought decision for me but at my age I have to keep moving as time waits for no one. I probably would have made a different decision if I was a lot younger.
Best to all in your difficult keyboard buying decisions.
Bebop

That's great news Bill, will you be recording and putting on your web site some mp3's, and info etc?

All the best and good luck with your new toy

Peter

#51331 - 10/27/05 01:42 AM Re: My New Tyros 2 is in the mail :)
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hey Bill - I heard a rumour that Yamaha are pulling out of the keyboard business...
As a matter of interest can anyone explain to me what the psychology is behind keep buying the next new model whatever its make?
Rog
(stir-stir-stir)

[This message has been edited by RMepstead (edited 10-27-2005).]

#51332 - 10/27/05 07:24 AM Re: My New Tyros 2 is in the mail :)
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
thanks Peter,
I will try to get some songs up as I am able too. For info go to the new Yamaha Arranger forum that I got Nigel to put up for our Tyros etc. here in the synthzone at: http://www.synthzone.com/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=39&SUBMIT=Go

Hi Roger,
I doubt that Yamaha would get out of the business but then I doubted that Technics would either
In my case, I bought because I have a concern about the failure of the Technics and no recourse on repairs. You might be suprised at how many emails I get from people asking about how to get repairs for Technics now that their keyboard has had a hardware failure. That even includes the KN7000. I might just buy an extra KN7000 for backup parts if this Tyros 2 doesn't work out for me.
Best to all
Bebop

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online