SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#51702 - 02/08/02 03:03 PM KN7000-Mixed Feelings
Marilyn Boissoneault Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Florida, USA
I've been following the wishlist and excitement after the announcement that the KN7000 is coming shortly.

I guess I have some really mixed feelings about this. I have the KN6000, I bought the EW01 and the EW02. Then at Christmas time I bought the SX 3 Hard Drive. I guess with all that invested in the KN6000 I don't feel I could upgrade to the KN7000 at the moment. I still love my KN 6000 so that's not a real problem. But I'm not looking forward to when everyone is exchanging files that will not work on my keyboard.

The only thing I wish I had done differently would have been buy the EW65 instead of the EW01. aw well.

I was wondering if anyone else felt like I do.

Marilyn

#51703 - 02/08/02 04:18 PM Re: KN7000-Mixed Feelings
Sissle Offline

Loc: USA - South Dakota
Hi Marilyn,
I'm with you on your thoughts! I feel like the lonesome soldier with my PR being compatible with the KN5000. I would love to have some copies of all these disks flying around, but they are all a generation ahead of me! Who would think in 3 years my piano would be obsolete?
Carol

#51704 - 02/09/02 03:33 AM Re: KN7000-Mixed Feelings
technicsplayer Offline

only obsolete in terms of exchnaging files with nx chip machines...

in terms of commercial software there is much more available in 5000 format, albeit maybe not perfect in terms of loading into your piano

maybe it's just the price of progress and new features? nothing lasts forever nowadays, and todays hot product is always tomorrows has-been when replaced. Be happy with what you've got... it hasn't changed since you bought it

#51705 - 02/09/02 05:51 AM Re: KN7000-Mixed Feelings
kozykeys Offline

Loc: york england
Hi marylyn I have found over the years that a good updated machine from technics arrives
every 3/4 years .eg kn800/1000 then came
kn2000, then kn5000, and now kn6500. to my reconing you are about on track for the next good one to arrive from technics in around 3 years time. Wishlists are all very well, but what is actually updated on the machines is is different story. Stick with what you have for a while and enjoy .

[This message has been edited by kozykeys (edited 02-09-2002).]

#51706 - 02/09/02 08:23 AM Re: KN7000-Mixed Feelings

I just discovered Technics keyboards with my KN6000. I had always played Roland keyboards before that. I had a Roland E30, E70, E86, E500, and E600. I didnt' like the way the E500 and E600 were set up. I just happened to walk into a music store and turned on the KN6000. I was blown away, the sounds didn't care with what I had at home. They were out of this world. The sales people didn't know how to use the keyboard, told me to come back Monday when the sales person that knew that keyboard would be there. I was there first thing Monday morning and she came in and pressed the demo button! That was the extent of her knowledge. I asked a few questions and she didn't know the answers. I wondered if you could still save a song in midi format or if you had to use Technics format. She said there was no Technics format! I got the manual and sat at the keyboard with that, saw it did what I wanted and bought it. I love it and am happy with it. I just got my Hard Drive so I'm not ready to by a new keyboard where I probably can't use that. But as ALec said in another message my keyboard hasn't changed because a new one came out.

I've been hearing for a long time that Tehnics usually had a new keyboard every couple of years so knew it was time for one.
Marilyn

Quote:
Originally posted by kozykeys:
Hi marylyn I have found over the years that a good updated machine from technics arrives
every 3/4 years .eg kn800/1000 then came
kn2000, then kn5000, and now kn6500. to my reconing you are about on track for the next good one to arrive from technics in around 3 years time. Wishlists are all very well, but what is actually updated on the machines is is different story. Stick with what you have for a while and enjoy .

[This message has been edited by kozykeys (edited 02-09-2002).]

#51707 - 02/09/02 08:26 AM Re: KN7000-Mixed Feelings

There are a lot of people who still have the KN5000. I guess a lot refused to move up to the KN6000 because the Hard Drive they had purchased for the KN5000 wouldn't work in it. I sure can understand that. There are a lot files on the web for your keyboard. I think there are links on this site to some. Maybe you haven't found those yet. I can sympatize with you thought when you hear disks being exchanged and you can't play them. I guess I'll be finding out how that feels soon.

Marilyn

Quote:
Originally posted by Sissle:
Hi Marilyn,
I'm with you on your thoughts! I feel like the lonesome soldier with my PR being compatible with the KN5000. I would love to have some copies of all these disks flying around, but they are all a generation ahead of me! Who would think in 3 years my piano would be obsolete?
Carol

#51708 - 02/09/02 01:55 PM Re: KN7000-Mixed Feelings
Sissle Offline

Loc: USA - South Dakota
Hi Marilyn,
TechnichsPlayer is right --- be happy with what I have, and in all honesty, I am very happy with it. And I have found many disks to dowlnoad -- Thanks GJ and a few others! However, I still get a little green around the gills with envy when I read all the comments about files that have been shared on this Forum, and I know I can't ask for them because they will never work in my piano! Bah-Humbug!!! (But, TechnicsPlayer, I am saying that with a smile on my face!)
Carol

#51709 - 02/09/02 04:00 PM Re: KN7000-Mixed Feelings

I'm very happy with what I have too. So far I don't have any wants on a new keyboard. It does what I want and more.....but I have the sneaky suspicion that I'm gonna hear about lot's of bells and whistle that will make me envious.
The KN7000 is not out yet, it comes out first in Europe and other places. It'll probably be close to a year before it's available in the US, so I gues no need for me to get too worried about it yet. In fact I no longer have a local dealer that sells Technics.

Marilyn

Quote:
Originally posted by Sissle:
Hi Marilyn,
TechnichsPlayer is right --- be happy with what I have, and in all honesty, I am very happy with it. And I have found many disks to dowlnoad -- Thanks GJ and a few others! However, I still get a little green around the gills with envy when I read all the comments about files that have been shared on this Forum, and I know I can't ask for them because they will never work in my piano! Bah-Humbug!!! (But, TechnicsPlayer, I am saying that with a smile on my face!)
Carol

#51710 - 02/10/02 01:00 AM Re: KN7000-Mixed Feelings
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
----------------------
Quoted Marilyn:
In fact I no longer have a local dealer that sells Technics.
End Quote.
----------------------
Hi all

To be honest, I find this much more worrying than not have the newest
model of the KN's all the time.
If the keyboardindustry are going to live in the future, they have to
invent new and more "fancy" things to tempt the users to buy new ones,
but at the end it always is a question of what your needs really are.
Well, besides of the bankaccount I guess, at least that's who deside
here in our family.....

If it was not for the great service and knowledge about this keyboards
the Technics dealers in this region have been able to keep up, I don't
think I would have been a Technics user today.
(If I forget about accordeons and organs, it was a Roland E10/E20 and a
Korg 707 (or something) midi-connected to a Elka OMB5, who was my first
keyboard experience.
To know that I can get help if I should need it, either it is to fix
something who might be broken, or a technical question to be answered is
just as much important to make me feel comfortable.
Also I can see many of the customers follow one or more of the evening
classes they use to hold. There the users can learn about the instrument
and related stuff, and how to do or get things to work properly.

Yes, filesharing might be nice, but I guess most of us buy a keyboard to
have fun and to play on by ourselves, not to be able to listen to what
the other users around might play or do, even if it could be pleasant to
hear it?

I'm very curious about the new KN too, and I've had all top ranged KN's
from the K350, KN800 and up to my "old" KN5000, but it might as well be
that I keep it, and look for another brand to add, i.e. a Ketron SD1.
Then I would have the best from two different "worlds", and probably a
lot of new "problems" to discuss, such as......
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online