SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#52378 - 04/29/05 03:38 AM Key Contact Problem
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I have one key(B)that requires some pressure to activate. I used an air duster,no help. Any ideas short of packing it up to send out?
Bernie

#52379 - 04/29/05 04:02 AM Re: Key Contact Problem
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Play everything in B flat Bernie...chuckle.
Seriously though I noticed the problem on your keyboard in Lady Lake and think it is a worn contact so I reckon it's going to have to be sorted by the local dealer...
Best wishes
Rog

#52380 - 04/29/05 05:59 AM Re: Key Contact Problem
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bernie9:
[B]I have one key(B)that requires some pressure to activate. I used an air duster,no help. Any ideas short of packing it up to send out?

Bernie, I had the same problem on my KN6000. After ten trips to to the repair station,(Round trip was 104 miles) and many, many calls to whoever, they sent me a KN6500 NO CHARGE. I never let up on them. I threaten to sue them for my lost jobs and time. Wow unbelievable.

That's just my story, the real problem was the repair person, he did not have it, he was new at his job. They did do something about him, not sure what. To my understanding it is the contact. In extreme cases the can put a complete contact strip in. My note was "G" 4th octave.

More to my Kn6000 story. My Kn7000 developed a buzzing sound in the right speaker. Down to the repair station again. I was told I had to wait 2 weeks for the repair to be done. I asked to see the repair man. When he came out he said hello and began to stare at me, it was the same man who worked on my Kn6000. He asked me what was wrong with the keyboard. He said he could would do it while I waited, or I could come back the next morning. What am I saying,
"THE SEE SQUEAKY GETS THE MOST OIL".

I don't know if this helps, but I like telling the story. The customer wins!!

Take care, John C.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online