SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#52528 - 03/06/02 05:22 AM Re: sticky button...AND...Auto Play sensitivity?
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
If you use fingered chords and if you have APC memory ON and if you have left part hold OFF, you can use your left hand to embelish the rhythm. You can release the left hand chord and still have the rhythm parts continue in that chord while at the same time the left hand part stops sounding. So if you play the left hand in rhythm, you have a spontaneous rhythm part that you play yourself. If everything else is the same and you turn left part hold ON, the left part will continue to sound even after you release the left hand. (which don't seem to work well for me. . .) We all play our own way. If you use one finger chords or pianist mode, the left hold function doesn't make any difference because you don't have a left part.

[This message has been edited by Bob Hendershot (edited 03-06-2002).]

#52529 - 03/06/02 10:54 AM Re: sticky button...AND...Auto Play sensitivity?
technicsplayer Offline

Hi Bob, left hold is only designed for sustaining voices in addition to the rest of the accompaniment eg strings, horns, voices, the various pad sounds and the like, but left hold does work with one finger chords (if you want it to, that is).

#52530 - 03/06/02 11:24 AM Re: sticky button...AND...Auto Play sensitivity?
Bob Hendershot Offline

I need to learn something new here, Alec. I never use One Finger mode but I thought that when you selected One Finger mode that the left part could not be turned on at the conductor. How do you turn it on?

#52531 - 03/06/02 03:23 PM Re: sticky button...AND...Auto Play sensitivity?
technicsplayer Offline

I never use one finger mode either, but left is enabled just by switching the conductor on with apc on and left hold enabled. It is independant of whether apc memory is on or off. An extra bonus for one finger left players, I guess.

#52532 - 03/06/02 04:54 PM Re: sticky button...AND...Auto Play sensitivity?
Bob Hendershot Offline

You are absolutely right. I was trying to do it with Left Hold OFF which is the way I normally play.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online