SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#53402 - 01/25/02 09:25 PM Chronological order of post messages
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Hello all! I have been thoroughly enjoying this message board and I like to read all the new posts as well as to review the most recent posts to older messages but I don't like to have to scroll through ALL the messages I have already read to get the bottom of the list where any new posts are. May I suggest (and feel free to ignore or reject it) that perhaps the listings could be in reverse order from the way they are now--that is the most recent at the top and descending to the older and finally the original post. Then we could read down only as far as we wish and not have to scroll all the way to the bottom to get to the most recent posts, especially when there is a lengthy discussion. Comments welcome. Thanks for your consideration.

Ted Rose

#53403 - 01/25/02 11:24 PM Re: Chronological order of post messages
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Ted,
I guess this is a personal taste, and myself
I like it the way it is, because when look
into a tread, then you have the original post
at the beginning, and can follow the discussion
from the beginning by scroll downwards.
Specially when looking into posts not readed
before this is OK.
But again, only my personal taste
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#53404 - 01/26/02 12:07 AM Re: Chronological order of post messages
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Unfortunately this isn't an option with the BBS software I am currently running. It would take some reprogramming of the script to achieve this. While it would be nice to have as an option it is not currently available.

#53405 - 01/26/02 08:39 AM Re: Chronological order of post messages
Ted Rose Offline

Thanks for your reply, Nigel. I quite understand the requirements we are bound by in whatever software is being used and that, in the software you are using here, my suggestion is actually not an option. Anyway, it was merely a suggestion concerning my personal preference to read an original post and then the responses in chronological order from the latest to the earliest, rather than the reverse, as it is now on the board. Don't worry, I will certainly continue to be an active member of this wonderful board and am looking forward to meeting many new friends and learning many new things. Again, thanks for all your hard work in keeping this board going for us Technics "techies" and "nerds", like me!

Best wishes
Ted Rose (Kn 6500)

Unfortunately this isn't an option with the BBS software I am currently running. It would take some reprogramming of the script to achieve this. While it would be nice to have as an option it is not currently available.[/QUOTE]

#53406 - 01/26/02 09:44 AM Re: Chronological order of post messages
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Wow, what a nice fellow this Ted Rose must be. I hope we will all be this considerate of our host as time goes on. Thank you for two excellent posts Ted. It is people like you that really make this love of labor worth while.
Bebop

#53407 - 01/26/02 10:31 AM Re: Chronological order of post messages
Anonymous
Unregistered

A REAL ROSE WITHOUT THORNS BEBOP
Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
Wow, what a nice fellow this Ted Rose must be. I hope we will all be this considerate of our host as time goes on. Thank you for two excellent posts Ted. It is people like you that really make this love of labor worth while.
Bebop

#53408 - 01/28/02 09:10 AM Re: Chronological order of post messages
Ted Rose Offline

How kind you folks are! Perhaps it is the musician in all of us that makes us sing praise such as you have given me! Thank you! (Blush!)

[This message has been edited by Ted Rose (edited 01-28-2002).]

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online